Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker: Chisora Fight Was Close, It Could Have Gone Either Way

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Parker: Chisora Fight Was Close, It Could Have Gone Either Way

Joseph Parker overcame a first round knockdown to defeat Derek Chisora by split decision following a brutal Heavyweight battle at the AO, Arena Manchester. The New Zealander had a disastrous start, hitting the canvas in the opening seconds, and Parker showed grit along with his classy combinations to secure victory with tallies of 115-113 and 116-111, with Chisora receiving a score of 115-113.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hope they do have an immediate rematch, would like to see the winner take on Povetkin, Ruiz or Ortiz (unlikely).

The knockdown shouldn't have counted IMO but Parker was resilient and put together a few speedier combinations than usual, Chisora fought like a lion and landed some beautiful body shots. Epic fight and loved it. Was a toughie to follow the Taylor VS Jonas fight too because that too, was brilliant. 116-111 was a shambolic scorecard though, with a 10-8 round too!

Comment

When a fighter says that he got a draw, or it could have gone either way, it means he's thankful he got a victory he didn't deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
        Hope they do have an immediate rematch, would like to see the winner take on Povetkin, Ruiz or Ortiz (unlikely).

The knockdown shouldn't have counted IMO but Parker was resilient and put together a few speedier combinations than usual, Chisora fought like a lion and landed some beautiful body shots. Epic fight and loved it. Was a toughie to follow the Taylor VS Jonas fight too because that too, was brilliant. 116-111 was a shambolic scorecard though, with a 10-8 round too!
        ........Why?

Comment

I had it for Chisora, and I was not really pulling for either guy just an afternoon fight to look at. I don't know if Chisora wade a lot of noise after the fight or not ? I do not think so, It was an interesting fight for a Saturday Afternoon overall.

Comment

Chisora won , another lucky win for Parker.

Comment

Becoming clearer and clearer that the HW drop off after #2 or #3 is dramatic. Like falls off a cliff. Maybe the drop off after #1.
              mxtali mxtali likes this.

Comment

I had Chisora by 3-5 points. I think judges are generally really poor. Because Chisora won a lot of early rounds very dominantly, the rounds that he won narrowly in the second half of the fight were scored to Parker, based on the perception that Chisora wasn't doing as much as he was earlier, which whilst correct, he was still winning some of the rounda. 116-111/115-112 Chisora.

Comment

I though it was close for Chisora. Changing trainers does not always pay the intended dividends. It seemed to work for Chisora but not for Parker!

Comment

Parker continues to decline. He is now at bum status with this loss. Bum fights on DAZN. The way Chisora loads up with that wide slow right hand haymaker is classic bumfights and Parker was eating it all night. Parker picked up some new chicken style in his new camp. Parker is bigger stronger faster younger than Chisora but was running and scared from the first bell.
                    Last edited by TinAgeOfBoxing; 05-02-2021, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X