Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sunny Edwards Embraces Underdog Role in Mthalane Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comments Thread For: Sunny Edwards Embraces Underdog Role in Mthalane Title Fight

    SUNNY EDWARDS HAS vowed to make sure 2021 is another big year for the underdogs by following in the 2020 footsteps of Teofimo Lopez, Dillian Whyte and Jeison Rosario by shocking the boxing world when he takes on IBF Flyweight World Champion Moruti Mthalane.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    !-1 likes this.

  • #2
    Moruti Mthalane vs. Sunny Edwards in the UK, is more of pick'm fight. The IBF veteran champ Moruti Mathalane is a slight favorite @ -159, with Edwards you get even money + 20 bucks on a 100.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      Moruti Mthalane vs. Sunny Edwards in the UK, is more of pick'm fight. The IBF veteran champ Moruti Mathalane is a slight favorite @ -159, with Edwards you get even money + 20 bucks on a 100.
      I got Mthalane by KO. I can’t see Edwards being able to keep him off. Reminds me of bit of when his brother Charlie Edwards fought Casimero in the sense that I don’t think he’s ready for the massive step up in class.

      The only worry is Mthalane’s age, 38 is old for a flyweight, but if Mthalane is the same fighter he was against Yaegashi in 2019 he’ll knock Edwards out IMO.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

        I got Mthalane by KO. I can’t see Edwards being able to keep him off. Reminds me of bit of when his brother Charlie Edwards fought Casimero in the sense that I don’t think he’s ready for the massive step up in class.

        The only worry is Mthalane’s age, 38 is old for a flyweight, but if Mthalane is the same fighter he was against Yaegashi in 2019 he’ll knock Edwards out IMO.
        Muroti's conditioning for Akira Yaegashi was impressive, the whip on his hooks in the mid rounds to the head and body on Yaegashi are punches that will fold Sunny, no doubt about it. I expect Edwards to stink up the joint and excessively clinch, he might get a point deducted. A very interesting fight that is going unnoticed, as usual.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          Muroti's conditioning for Akira Yaegashi was impressive, the whip on his hooks in the mid rounds to the head and body on Yaegashi are punches that will fold Sunny, no doubt about it. I expect Edwards to stink up the joint and excessively clinch, he might get a point deducted. A very interesting fight that is going unnoticed, as usual.
          It’s gonna be interesting to see how much the referee lets Edwards get away with. It’s pretty bad over here atm, very hard to get a decision as the away fighter.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

            It’s gonna be interesting to see how much the referee lets Edwards get away with. It’s pretty bad over here atm, very hard to get a decision as the away fighter.
            Yeah, THE REF! I wonder who the mystery man is...I dont even know who the judges are.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              Yeah, THE REF! I wonder who the mystery man is...I dont even know who the judges are.
              Don’t think they’ve been confirmed yet mate, nothing on boxrec.

              Comment


              • #8
                Mthalane is an underrated fighter and sure will beat Edwards.

                Comment


                • #9
                  This is an intriguing fight. I'm looking forward to this fight the most this week.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X
                  TOP