Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tom Brown: Of Course Hearn Wants Andrade Off His Platform, PBC To Pay For Charlo Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post

And he would trip over himself a lot while trying to do that. He was elusive at times but I wouldn't consider him slick in the traditional sense. He got touched up and put down often enough.
    Martinez didn't stink. Watch him vs Williams, cutting distance, not running away.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post

Martinez didn't stink. Watch him vs Williams, cutting distance, not running away.
      Stink? What?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

That's the slick I like more, getting touched. It's a fight. Davis is slick but he gets touched too.
        So are these guys slick when they want to be or do they not care that they get hit?

Comment

He just likes his favorite boxers clearly.

Who’s a slick boxer who gets hit too much?

Literally makes no sense.

I like tall girls who are short.

So are these guys slick when they want to be or do they not care that they get hit?

Comment

BINGO.

He pulled out of the Charlo fight in 2016 because he wanted bigger money. Chose to fight nobodies and sit. Wasted precious time he could have been building his brand.

Guys with no fans have to take the opportunities when they come: Tim Bradley went to England and fought Junior Witter for $65k!

Now he's in his thirties and he's a nobody with a belt. He made a lot of money fighting nobodies, good for him, but his time came and went.

Comment

There are slick fighters who are defense first all the time. Then there are those who seek and take chances. I never liked a welter Floyd much. 130-135 Floyd was both slick and a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

There are slick fighters who are defense first all the time. Then there are those who seek and take chances. I never liked a welter Floyd much. 130-135 Floyd was both slick and a beast.
                So it looks like slickness takes a backseat then and a more offensive approach takes the wheel.
                Mario040481 Mario040481 likes this.

Comment

Andrade hasn't had his COVID shots apparently ...........................

Comment

So it looks like slickness takes a backseat then and a more offensive approach takes the wheel.
                    I always laughed at the concept of "hit and don't get hit." Good defense is great but when you are there not get hit in a fight, by all means, it says to me you are not doing all you can. There's hardly any fighter who doesn't get touched. Floyd was touched good at 130 and 135. With less power, he became one of the most boring guys at 147 and 154. It was always defense first.

Nobody watches boxing for defense. In fact, it's the opposite.
                    Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 04-26-2021, 12:42 PM.

Comment

After watching Andrade vs Williams I am surprised to still see this reluctance to fight him. Yeah, maybe it would have a high probability of being a less than exciting fight but, as pointed out by others, it's a flipping unification fight! An unification fight against an Andrade who, to me anyway, looked a very defeateable champion against Liam Williams. I say that he looked defeateable because Williams hurt him on several occasions, one or two of those occasions I think he was hurt more than most, including Williams and definitely the DAZN commentary, realized. When he was buzzed late in the fight, Williams, for whatever the reason, didn't really take advantage of it, instead he was constantly allowing himself to get clinched/tied up by an Andrade who was holding on as long as he was able and allowed too. I don't know that Charlo has it in him to win a clean and clear decision, but I think he definitely can stop Andrade. If Andrade is getting hit and rocked by Liam Williams, he's for certain gonna be getting caught by Charlo and he won't be allowed to get off the hook as he was doing with Williams. Charlo can win that fight, of course he could lose it, but I think a win is more likely than a loss. So, just take the ef'n fight!

Comment

Working...
                      X