No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson's five best wins and their modern day equivalents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Tyson's five best wins and their modern day equivalents

These are what I consider Iron Mike Tyson's best five wins. I have compared each fighter to a very similar/same level modern-day equivalent.

5. Razor Ruddock - David Price
    Big puncher, knocked out every time he lost except once. Both hit hard, though Price hits the harder of the two. Also, Ruddock beat nobody at all whereas Price beat Dave Allen, and Audley "Olympic Gold" Harrison. Still, a near enough comparison.

4. Larry Holmes - Kubrat Pulev
    Larry came into the fight with his current form W0 L2, both fights against a Light Heavyweight. Larry finished early, unlike Wlad who was in his absolute peak at age 41. Holmes then is similar to current-day Pulev.

3. Alex Stewart - Alexandr Povetkin
    Stewart was a big puncher, but also chinny, knocked out seven times, the man spent more time on his back than a whore. Povetkin was much better in his prime, but the shell of Povetkin fighting today is on this level, with his punch resistance completely gone.

2. Michael Spinks - Dmitry Bivol
    Both world-class light heavyweights. Spinks lost to Tyson before he stepped into the ring. Terrified and undersized, he was made for Mike to look great. As a light HW, Spinks was no Bivol, but it's the closest I can think of.

1. Frank Bruno -Lucas Browne (juiced up Chaguev version) Mike took two good wins over British legend Frank Bruno. Style-wise, Tyson was tough for Bruno's more powerful, but crude style. The bigger punching Bruno shook Tyson to his boots before losing in one of the fights. I can't remember what happened in the other one. Bruno, unlike Tyson, showed great heart even at the end of his career. Winning a world title against Oliver McCall, when Mike Tyson, at a similar age, was busy getting knocked out by Danny Williams (with a fight with Vitali on the line) and Kevin McBride.

LOL is this a joke? All of Tysons opponents you named were better than the modern ones you named. Bruno is criminally underrated on here, i bet the majority haven't seen any of his fights a part from Tyson.
    Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 04-16-2021, 03:18 PM.

Comment

The worst comparisons i have ever seen.

Comment

Working...
      X