Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stephen Fulton To Face Nery-Figueroa Winner In Sept. 11 Title Unification Bout On Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fulton is a solid combination of skilled and gritty and really performed well after having overcome Covid.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

I believe Aleem and MJ may fight soon and that's going to be a hell of a fight. But yeah, can have two belt holders by September.
      I was hoping Aleem was gonna get Fulton in September. As a Michigan cat in Las Vegas, just like Aleem, I'm riding with him til the wheels fall off doe. Seems like a great dude who it took a long time to get where he's at, but he keeps pushing the ball to the goal line regardless of how long its taking. Respect to Aleem & good luck to him vs MJ if thats his title shot.

Comment

Fulton fought in January and his next fight is in September. PBC where every fighter fights twice a year and win countless Mickey Mouse belts. I just don’t get why are some of these fights so far away, every fighter who is fighting past July of 2021 are fighters with weight issues.

if tank wasn’t going to be fighting at 140, best believe he would of been fighting in the fall 2021 since he needs to make 130-135lbs

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
          Fulton fought in January and his next fight is in September. PBC where every fighter fights twice a year and win countless Mickey Mouse belts. I just don’t get why are some of these fights so far away, every fighter who is fighting past July of 2021 are fighters with weight issues.

if tank wasn’t going to be fighting at 140, best believe he would of been fighting in the fall 2021 since he needs to make 130-135lbs
          I mean everything has been slow & it still ain't open 100% yet. Vegas just put out we will be at 100% capacity on June 1 a couple days ago. Gates matter. Plus open TV dates our always something that need to be worked out. And of course money. If the money don't make sense at x place in June on a open TV date than you might have to push it back 2 months when y place is open & it aligns with another open TV date so the money makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I mean everything has been slow & it still ain't open 100% yet. Vegas just put out we will be at 100% capacity on June 1 a couple days ago. Gates matter. Plus open TV dates our always something that need to be worked out. And of course money. If the money don't make sense at x place in June on a open TV date than you might have to push it back 2 months when y place is open & it aligns with another open TV date so the money makes sense.
            I understand the business side of it but honestly I don’t give a **** about the gates, tickets sold, network deals. These guys needs to fight already and stop using the Covid excuse. Majority of these fights even before Covid hit would of only sold less than 5k tickets, we’ve seen numerous shows empty as hell before the pandemic. 2 fights a year thanks PBC and one of those is a showcase

Comment

Good stuff all the way around. Nery v figueroa and fulton getting the winner. I been super frustrated with boxing lately but this makes me feel a bit better.

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post

I understand the business side of it but honestly I don’t give a **** about the gates, tickets sold, network deals.
                You asked. I told you. You not giving a fook about it is fine, but the folks with skin in the game gotta care about it. Boxing ain't on TV if the networks don't make money is the bottom line.

Comment

"Fulton will face the winner of the May 15 clash between WBC champ Luis Nery and secondary WBA titleholder Brandon Figueroa, with the unified title clash due to headline a September 11 Showtime Championship Boxing telecast from a location to be determined."

PBC, Good Looking Out! That's fire!!! Philly Stand Up!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    It just keeps on coming with Showtime....
                    So far, so good! Still waiting on FOX! That's probably when we'll hear about Spence vs. Ugas!

Showtime announces summer schedule: Davis-Barrios, Charlo-Castano, Oubaali-Donaire among highlights

May 15 - Showtime
                    • Luis Nery vs Brandon Figueroa, for Nery’s WBC junior featherweight title
                    • Danny Roman vs Ricardo Espinoza
                    • Xavier Martinez vs Abraham Montoya
                    May 29 - Showtime
                    • Nordine Oubaali vs Nonito Donaire, for Oubbali’s WBC bantamweight title
                    • Subriel Matias vs Batyrzhan Jukembayev
                    June 19 - Showtime
                    • Jermall Charlo vs Juan Montiel, for Charlo’s WBC middleweight title
                    June 26 - Showtime PPV
                    • Gervonta Davis vs Mario Barrios
                    • Erickson Lubin vs Jeison Rosario
                    July 3 - Showtime
                    • Chris Colbert vs Yuriorkis Gamboa
                    July 17 - Showtime
                    • Jermell Charlo vs Brian Castano, for undisputed junior middleweight championship
                    August 14 - Showtime
                    • Guillermo Rigondeaux vs John Riel Casimero, for Casimero’s WBO bantamweight title
                    August 28 - Showtime
                    • David Benavidez vs Jose Uzcategui
                    September 11 - Showtime
                    • Stephen Fulton Jr vs Nery-Figueroa winner, for Fulton’s WBO and the Nery-Figueroa winner’s WBC junior featherweight title
                    https://www.badlefthook.com/2021/4/1...xing-news-2021
                    Last edited by Bronx2245; 04-16-2021, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

I believe Aleem and MJ may fight soon and that's going to be a hell of a fight. But yeah, can have two belt holders by September.
                      Makes sense. Aleem is WBA interim champ right?

Comment

Working...
                      X