Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis-Mario Barrios, Lubin-Rosario On Showtime PPV June 26; Site TBD

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's actually an insult to compare Broner to Davis, if you know your boxing. (Sorry, Larry.)

Comment

I quite like the fight. If somebody was stepping up in to a new division for his 1st fight, especially a chubby little midget, I think Barros is a solid level of opposition.

However it is frustrating that the chubby midget and his team and his spin doctor Ellerbe have been smack talking the entire top end of 135 only to then step around the lot of them and fight a 2nd tier fighter in another division.

Hopefully it will be shown in the UK. Can't say Tank is a boring fighter. For the poor Americans though it has been decided that Tank is a PPV worthy guy, it doesn't matter what level opposition he faces. We got the same in the UK with Dillian Whyte.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
        I quite like the fight. If somebody was stepping up in to a new division for his 1st fight, especially a chubby little midget, I think Barros is a solid level of opposition.

However it is frustrating that the chubby midget and his team and his spin doctor Ellerbe have been smack talking the entire top end of 135 only to then step around the lot of them and fight a 2nd tier fighter in another division.

Hopefully it will be shown in the UK. Can't say Tank is a boring fighter. For the poor Americans though it has been decided that Tank is a PPV worthy guy, it doesn't matter what level opposition he faces. We got the same in the UK with Dillian Whyte.
        If what you say is true, people must love his style to pay PPV for it. I don't give a crap about PPVs but this will do very well. Pay attention.

The only other one PBC has is Spence, and he'll soon be on regular TV. You'll deal with Davis for a while. Fasten your seatbelt. On the other hand, hardly anybody in North America cares about your Ogre and Mummy.

You'll be watching Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

We don't even know if his power will travel to 135 the same way, let alone at 140. This is kind of a WTF type of decision by his team....Barrios is far from great but he's tough and does have good pop. Hunter is going to have him staying on the outside and trying to just out jab the crap out of Tank.

Either way, he's definitely coming down after this fight.
          It is definitely a WTF decision fight/move. I don't see virtually any upside here outside of being able to say "Tank is a 3 division World Champion". Barrios means nothing to no one. Its unlikely we are gonna get a meaningful 140 beyond Regis after this fight & thats absolute best case cuz I don't think I'm in the minority of folks we don't see Tank vs the Taylor vs JCR winner happening next. And yea the most likely outcome is he goes back down to 135 after KOing Barrios.

Whatever doe. I like watching Tank fight, but this co-main of Lubin vs Rosario is gonna be the sh^t. 2 young guys trying to prove they belong at this level at 154 & I could see this going anyway it can go. Lubin shows up, Rosario shows up or they both fooking show up & we get some crazy ass fight were both prove they belong at this level in the 154 division.

Comment

Charles Conwell beats both Lubin and Rosario the same night

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

My boy Lubin in a tough fight too. I rate Lubin #3 the best African American boxer. Jermell caught him, whatever.
              My top 5 best African American fighters in order:

1. Gervonta Davis
              2. Bud Crawford
              3. Erickson Lubin
              4. Jermell Charlo
              5. Errol Spence

This is my list. Don't get personal. I can keep ranking them until 10, but these are the best.
              Everyone can have an opinion but yours is way off on the outer spectrum . Come back towards normality before you slip into some parallel universe where Tank outboxes SRR and becomes POTUS after trouncing Trump.

I think only 9 in ten posters at best would have Crawford below Davis. On eye test I have Ennis, Crawford and Stevenson at the top and on resume I'd have Jermell top.

Comment

Nice card so far! Can't say Tank is picking on little guys anymore! I think he might've gone a little too far with Barrios! Issac "Pitbull" Cruz @ 135 might've been a better choice?
                Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

It is definitely a WTF decision fight/move. I don't see virtually any upside here outside of being able to say "Tank is a 3 division World Champion". Barrios means nothing to no one. Its unlikely we are gonna get a meaningful 140 beyond Regis after this fight & thats absolute best case cuz I don't think I'm in the minority of folks we don't see Tank vs the Taylor vs JCR winner happening next. And yea the most likely outcome is he goes back down to 135 after KOing Barrios.

Whatever doe. I like watching Tank fight, but this co-main of Lubin vs Rosario is gonna be the sh^t. 2 young guys trying to prove they belong at this level at 154 & I could see this going anyway it can go. Lubin shows up, Rosario shows up or they both fooking show up & we get some crazy ass fight were both prove they belong at this level in the 154 division.
                  You think Tank KOs Barrios? I'm not sure about that!

Comment

No offence, but most of these Pbc cards have fights with predictable outcomes. We want the real top fights, not just in-house fights, or a fight between an A level against a B level boxer.

Comment

Tank KO’s this bum and then doesn’t get any respect. Tank is too strong for that giraffe neck Barrious

Comment

Working...
                      X