Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showtime Spring/Summer Schedule: Straight Fire!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Mell vs BCC is gonna be fun & is the best fight by a mile of this Showtime schedule.

And that Lubin vs Rosario fight should answer a lot of questions about if Lubin is for real or not.

I kinda wish Rigo would retire, but his fight should be a good sweet science fight.

Not too hyped about the rest. I like seeing Ugas getting a big fight & payday, but I can't say I'm very hyped for Spence vs Ugas. I guess winning a belt in a 3rd division is impressive for Tank, but again I'm not hyped for Tank vs the other 140lb title holder. And its cool to see Wilder is getting back in the ring, but who gives a fook about Wilder vs Martin. All these fights seem like stay busy uncompelling barely interesting fights with their biggest name guys. Its like next time we'll have a big fight type fights.
    What do you think of the Nery vs Figueroa fight? I'm a Nery fan and am looking forward to seeing him back in the ring.
    Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 04-11-2021, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

What do you think of the Nery vs Figueroa fight? I'm a Nery fan and am looking forward to seeing him back in the ring.
      Its a good fight. Probably 2nd to only BCC vs Mell for me outta that list of fights.

Comment

Prediction
        May 15
        June Jermall vs Castano
        July 3 or 10 Spence vs Ugas (maybe goes to Fox?)
        Aug Jermall vs TBA
        Sep Davis vs Barrios
        Oct
        Nov
        Dec

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

DAZN had some good stuff to kick off the year and were really the only one's putting on consistent shows. They carried boxing up until now.

Why did you post this as if I said anything about DAZN and their schedule?

And why does it matter if Eubank and Bivol are on the card? WHO a fighter fights is what matters.

i posted it just to make a comparison between showtime and dazn, Eg Tank Davis is fighting on ppv @ $70. I want that point to sink in for the idiots who constantly mock dazn and are dazn/matchroom haters. That might not be you, but certainly the haters on on here.

You mentioned daniel roman on the undercard which is why i mentioned eubank jr and bivol.

Comment

Originally posted by Inspired View Post

i posted it just to make a comparison between showtime and dazn, Eg Tank Davis is fighting on ppv @ $70. I want that point to sink in for the idiots who constantly mock dazn and are dazn/matchroom haters. That might not be you, but certainly the haters on on here.

You mentioned daniel roman on the undercard which is why i mentioned eubank jr and bivol.
            I mean we don't know Roman's opponent for May, but we DO know the opponents of Eubank Jr and Bivol....And well, they aren't even worth mentioning.

If Roman is fighting in a big mismatch, then him being on the undercard isn't going to matter all that much.

Tank can fight on PPV as long as he continues doing more than 200k buys. His team would be stupid not to put him on PPV since they will be generating around 9-10M each time out just on PPV revenues. Spence also should continue being on PPV....Ruiz vs Arreola though? Nah, that's a hard pass right there and not even a great regular FOX match up.

Comment

Oh yeah, I should have also mentioned Matias vs Jukembayev which is going to be a tremendous fight.

SHO's card this weekend was really good and they clearly are trying to put on evenly matched or exciting, quality match ups. FOX may get the bigger names per se, but SHO's actual matchmaking is far superior.

Comment

Oh yeah, I should have also mentioned Matias vs Jukembayev which is going to be a tremendous fight.

SHO's card this weekend was really good and they clearly are trying to put on evenly matched or exciting, quality match ups. FOX may get the bigger names per se, but SHO's actual matchmaking is far superior.
                Yeah really thought this weekends card was strong. In a perfect world, Staniosis and Boots, the prospects in step up fights, would've fought first before the champion making his 9th title defense to headline the show but I digress.

I Like what PBC is planning for the spring and summer..

I think all the platforms, for whatever combination of reasons, look to be putting on stronger cards.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Yeah really thought this weekends card was strong. In a perfect world, Staniosis and Boots, the prospects in step up fights, would've fought first before the champion making his 9th title defense to headline the show but I digress.

I Like what PBC is planning for the spring and summer..

I think all the platforms, for whatever combination of reasons, look to be putting on stronger cards.
                  Well, I like what SHO is planning to do....Not sure about FOX.

But platforms putting on stronger cards in the summer time makes sense since a lot of states are starting to open up. They get to maximize the revenues now opposed to only have a few states they could put fights in.

Comment

Updated the OP but I don't know how I could forget about Donaire vs Oubaali, where Matias vs Jukembayev will be the co-main.

Schedule is loaded for hardcore boxing fans.

Comment

Updated the OP but I don't know how I could forget about Donaire vs Oubaali, where Matias vs Jukembayev will be the co-main.

Schedule is loaded for hardcore boxing fans.
                      Gary Russell and Rey Vargas supposed to be fighting as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X