No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Conor Benn Crushes Samuel Vargas in One Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Conor Benn Crushes Samuel Vargas in One Round

Benn, Vargas Fight Photos Gallery - Copper Box Arena, London - In a welterweight clash, Conor Benn (18-0, 12 KOs) made a big statement by blowing out veteran Samuel Vargas (31-7-2, 14 KOs) in one round. (photos by Mark Robinson)
    [Click Here To Read More]

It was a good stoppage. V was getting battered with heavy accurate shots. Some fans seem to want to see a fighter carried out in a body bag.

Comment

Benn looked good. Super sharp, very fast movement and hands, heavy hands, good combinations. He's no joke.

Comment

Originally posted by petegrif View Post
        It was a good stoppage. V was getting battered with heavy accurate shots. Some fans seem to want to see a fighter carried out in a body bag.
        I though it was a bs stoppage and think your comment about some fans wanting to see these fighters leave in a body bag is completely dishonest/inapplicable in this scenario.

Referees are supposed to stop fights when one of the fighters is unable to continue, Vargas was hurt, but he was clearly able to continue and it was obvious immediately after the ref stopped the fight. Why the referee didn't give him a standing count is only speculation, but it only benefited Benn Conor, it did not seem to be in Samuel Vargas' best interest.

Comment

Another week ruined by horrible officiating. Last week a potenital FOTY ruined, I'm talking about Ryosuke Iwasa being denied a chance against Murodjon Akhmadaliev, somewhere in Pakistan. Yesterday, the usual BS UK stoppage on a Eddie Hearn, mismatchroom card. Conor Bent, was protected from going into deep waters, Hearn had this set-up after what happened to Josh Kelly a few weeks back against that Kazak.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            Another week ruined by horrible officiating. Last week a potenital FOTY ruined, I'm talking about Ryosuke Iwasa being denied a chance against Murodjon Akhmadaliev, somewhere in Pakistan. Yesterday, the usual BS UK stoppage on a Eddie Hearn, mismatchroom card. Conor Bent, was protected from going into deep waters, Hearn had this set-up after what happened to Josh Kelly a few weeks back against that Kazak.
            I don’t agree, Benn was landing clean and there were a couple of shots that rocked his head back badly, he was going to go through the ropes if the ref didn’t jump in

Comment

Connor is OK on this level, but we know Hearn won't get him hurt on purpose. Like AJ, one fat guy after another, oldsters and medical rejects. The Hearn way, he takes care of his boys, until he can't. It is not Hearns fault when they get sparked, I'll give him that.

Comment

If this isnt proof of a premature stoppage, I dont know what to tell you guys. Here I captured Conor Bent clearly saying that this was a fluke. What Conor is trying to express is that he knew that the fans would call this a BS UK stoppage, and the internet has conclusively agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                  Connor is OK on this level, but we know Hearn won't get him hurt on purpose. Like AJ, one fat guy after another, oldsters and medical rejects. The Hearn way, he takes care of his boys, until he can't. It is not Hearns fault when they get sparked, I'll give him that.

You seem to be implying that Hearn only feeds cans to his fighters? What the hell for?

Ritson Kelly
                  AJ
                  Okolie
                  Warrington
                  Whyte

All these guys get thrown into tough fights before hitting their prime and some weren't ready for it, but it was still good matchmaking FOR BOXING FANS. Stop your bitching.

Who's he got right now that hasn't really been tested? Buatsi? Cordina? That's about it.

Benn is being moved slower but he's also only 24yrs old and is now beating guys quicker or more impressively than elites of the division like Porter did. He will get a world title shot in the next two years.

I don't know what you expect of Hearn, I really don't?

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                    You are talking about Haymon.

Comment

Working...
                    X