Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Still Very Interested in Making Whyte vs. Ngannou Two Fight Series

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would Ngannou fight Whyte? Whyte has never even won a European title.

Comment

Originally posted by TinAgeOfBoxing View Post
      Ngannou is bigger and faster than Whyte and probably wins but I do not see him beating AJ. DAZN needs UFC way more than UFC needs DAZN.
      Please don’t start, this is why this fight would end up selling on PPV. Francis is NOT a boxer, would never be one. He has terrible techniques and would get stopped by Whyte or any HW in the top 30, Gerald Washington would STOP him. People see big muscles and think yeah that’s a win...NO NO NO, please don’t encourage this fight, because you are the kind of boxing fan that Eddie Hearn is looking for, those that think Francis wins.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
        Why would Ngannou fight Whyte? Whyte has never even won a European title.
        Money, I don’t think anyone cares about titles these days. He earned 560K against Stipe. Against Whyte he would probably get ten times that. So it’s a no brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
          y'all lyin if you say you wouldn't watch this
          Of course we would watch it. I like Francis and his story, streaming it is...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

Money, I don’t think anyone cares about titles these days. He earned 560K against Stipe. Against Whyte he would probably get ten times that. So it’s a no brainer.
            Yeah fair enough, but beating Whyte doesn't really prove much. If i'm Francis, i want Fury or Joshua.

Comment

Yeah fair enough, but beating Whyte doesn't really prove much. If i'm Francis, i want Fury or Joshua.
              Who wouldn’t want Fury or Joshua? But are those two available for the next 12 months? Nope... So if i was Francis then you go with the next best PPV money maker, someone who is available, willing and actively fighting. Making 5m or more in a sport that he doesn’t really compete in. Not like it would happen though, as Dana wouldn’t allow it.
              denium denium likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

White American MMA fans are not going to be signing up to an obscure boxing streaming service lol.
                Normally I would agree, dayzin is primarily a Mexican American affair due to Canelo. However, we agree that ufc is primarily a white American targeted endeavour....and I believe white America will take heavy interest in seeing the ufc champion against a boxer. It’s sold well in the past....most ufc fans over 30 remember seeing James Toney dominated when he tried, and surely the ufc would hype that up along with art jimmerson from the 90s. Die hard ufc fans have always been an anti-boxing lot for very complicated reasons

Comment

Originally posted by Since1976 View Post

Yes, Eddie is a laughable character and Whyte can't let him take his title shot away with this fight. Ali vs Inoki anyone, Foreman fought 5 guys in one night..

So much winning lol! They hyped the fight where Ngannou won the belt by saying the winner would face J Bones Jones, see what did he (Jones) say on social media almost immediatly after the fight.

Don't get played like investors! Look into what happened since the UFC long term TV deal. Look at what is going on with their biggest cash cows and their refusal to fight.

Arsken wants get in the ring with shot knees despite being a big seller until his mouth wrote a cheque his @$$ could not cash just to get a bit more $$. The guy who beat Arsken went on to beg for a shot at Canelo. Then he was given the bad mofo title fight vs Diaz, won etc. See what Jorge Masvidal responded to Dana White regarding $ and career!

UFC is no different than the WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO and the rest! As a fighting sport MMA will survive just like boxing. A good fight is a good fight.

IMO, Hearn is hemorrhaging $ or ows big bucks to the wrong people..
                  I am honestly enjoying the UFC right now. They put on good shows on ESPN plus.

Comment

Can you imagine how bad fury would make him look

Comment

Matchroom is for casuals.

Eddie hasn't developed one star fighter from scratch. The London 2012 Olympics made AJ. Eddie doesn't invest in boxing he just steals other promoters talent by promising the world and rarely delivering or by making these ridiculous sideshow fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X