Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teddy Atlas: I Think Tyson Fury Could Stop Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teddy Atlas: I Think Tyson Fury Could Stop Anthony Joshua

Veteran trainer Teddy Atlas is backing WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury to defeat his WBO, WBA, IBF, IBO counterpart, Anthony Joshua. And, Atlas believes Fury can win the fight by knockout. Fury and Joshua have both signed on for a two-fight series, with the first contest to take place on a date in June or July.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What a bold statement by Teddy to say fury could possibly stop a guy who’s been dropped multiple times and has quit in the ring. Way to go out on a limb.

Comment

Oh no...that's the kiss of death. Teddy hasn't been right about a fight since...like never. That puts a whammy on Fury.
      Slowhand, mxtali and 3 others like this.

Comment

Ignoring the Atlas curse, I know Fury will stop Joshua.

Comment

Ohhhhhh, I believed he could to, I mean even though I'm a big Joshua fan I'm not blind, AJ hasn't got the best chin. But Atlas has whispered his historical curse. No way does Fury stop AJ now.

Comment

I think the only way fury loses is if he starts mucking about like he sometimes does when hes dominating opponents but I think he takes him to school for 12rnds to save the 2nd fight by not knocking him out

Comment

"Location location location.. pressure busts pipes... bad neighbourhood." Can't say I miss Teddy "flat face" Atlas.

Comment

Agree with Atlas. There is a Hearn fanboy Earth2 where Joshua was not obliterated by a mid tier HW Ruiz.
                Last edited by VislorTurlough; 03-23-2021, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmenzies1 View Post
                  I think the only way fury loses is if he starts mucking about like he sometimes does when hes dominating opponents but I think he takes him to school for 12rnds to save the 2nd fight by not knocking him out
                  Oh....you're the guy that thinks Fury gives rematches and holds to his contractual word. Fury is the Floyd Mayweather (later years) of the heavyweight division. He will take a year off after the first under the guise of retirement...spread the belts to lower tier fighters i.e. Charr/Whyte/Joyce...then come back to reclaim one of them...all the while maintaining the lineal champion shtick. He is the greatest charlatan boxing has ever seen.

111ad93e1791c3722ce4798c8a1eefd6.jpg

Comment

A lot bad fighters have gone a lot of rounds vs Fury.
                    Atlas is saying the Fury who beat Wilder turns up (and Fury often doesn't turn up) and AJ boxes as bad as Wilder.
                    Sure it could happen but AJ catching him is far more likely from the stats if Fury plays that game.

The smart money is still Fury can/will outbox Joshua and get a decision but if he tries anything clever (and he often does) I'll go for AJ.

AJ can get caught... but Fury can get cut.

Comment

Working...
                    X