Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez: Canelo Is Best At 168 Now, I'm The Second-Best; Plant Is Least Of The Champions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cupocity303

Also, name me the Title holders at the time Canelo was in their division, that he didn't fight? Who were they at 154 and 160?

Thanks in advance.
    GGG, Andrade, Charlo, Benavidez.

Comment

can you make 168, son?

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
        if you stopped reading after I said that fielding, Chavez jr, Yidilgrim and Kirkland weren’t very good, then you must not follow boxing because that’s as accurate as it gets. As far as your other comment about the guys needing a year to prepare, you can exaggerate all you want but smith was given 4 weeks. Kovalev had just fought 10 weeks before facing canelo and was almost stopped in that fight. If you don’t think short notice like that isn’t an issue for someone, you clearly have never boxed , you probably don’t know anyone who has boxed and probably just started following boxing recently.

As far as these undefeated boxers you’re raving about, smith got beat down by a C level fighter in his previous fight, expressed having trouble making 168 and then was given 4 weeks notice. Saunders hasn’t done anything relevant in 3 years and even that was beating a limited David lemieux. Not to mention he has fought more than twice in any year since 2013. He’s inactive and has made himself irrelevant. Plant is ok but unproven. Which is my original point, it’s a fairly weak division and that’s why canelo chose it. Not for nothing but he doesn’t have to fight any black Americans or Mexican/Mexican American fighters to get a belt there and if you don’t think that’s played a role in his choice, you know even less about boxing than I already believe you do.
        only a person with an agenda says, “Kovalev had just fought 10 weeks before facing canelo and was almost stopped in that fight.”

what does that have to do with anything? He avenged his loss and got his title back. He then wins his next by knockout. Who cares if he was almost stopped. This is boxing not patty cake. Of course it’s possible someone may get “almost stopped.” Because some almost gets stopped makes them a bad fighter? If thats the case then that Ali got some splainin to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

only a person with an agenda says, “Kovalev had just fought 10 weeks before facing canelo and was almost stopped in that fight.”

what does that have to do with anything? He avenged his loss and got his title back. He then wins his next by knockout. Who cares if he was almost stopped. This is boxing not patty cake. Of course it’s possible someone may get “almost stopped.” Because some almost gets stopped makes them a bad fighter? If thats the case then that Ali got some splainin to do.
          a 36 year old who had already been stopped twice within the last two years, fighting just 10 weeks after having a tough fight was clearly compromised. Just stop, do you think Canelo would’ve faced the version of Kovalev that Ward faced? Lol! No chance, he was an opportunist who saw an easy chance to get a belt and then fled the weight class immediately.

Comment

You’re talking like this is something new. It’s not. It’s as old as boxing. It’s called matchmaking. Fighting guys at the right time. Seeing that ***** in the armour and taking advantage of it. Besides which I reckon Canelo had little to do with his choice of opponents. It was that pr1ck in the fishnets. It’s why he left GB. Got fed up of their continual A side crap and avoidance of risk. Canelo wants the big fights. Bet he goes after benavidez after becoming undisputed as he knows that’s easily the toughest fight at 168. Once he becomes undisputed who is there to fight after the Benavidez fight? He’s too small to fight the big guns at 175. Just like GGG is too small to fight at 168. Just like tank is too small for 135 as is Loma. Weight classes exist for a reason.

Comment

168 is Canelo’s limit if you ask me.

Comment

On a completely different note, I just heard marvelous Marvin Hagler passed away today. RIP one of the all times greats.

Comment

Marvelous Marvin Hagler RIP CHAMP

Comment

Mr. ******* is the 2nd best behind Clenbuterol...

Comment

I see Senor Coke head is back on the nose sugar. Clown...

Comment

Working...
                      X