Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: Fighting Jose Ramirez in Las Vegas is Dream Come True

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: Fighting Jose Ramirez in Las Vegas is Dream Come True

Josh Taylor says he will be fulfilling a dream by fighting in Las Vegas, but says he hopes that travel restrictions will be lifted to allow Scottish fans to watch the fight in person. Taylor will face Jose Ramirez for the undisputed world super-lightweight title in Las Vegas on May 22. It is a fight that has been on the cards for some time, but the WBA and IBF champion, who will have boxed less than one round in 18 months by the time he steps into the ring, is glad to finally have a date.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don’t know why they are having this fight in Vegas. This is absolutely a fight that should have fans. Why they are not doing it in Texas is bizarre. There may be fans allowed in Vegas by May but who knows what will happen with the virus. Why not go with the sure thing?
    brown_knight06 brown_knight06 likes this.

Comment

The Tornado's gonna light Ramirez up like a Vegas hotel .

Comment

It is a long way off so who knows if it will allow for fans to travel I hope so. Fighters will have to adjust to the crowd noise gotta love it, when it happens. Duran / Bucc what a time to be a fight fan eh ? (round # 13) But I can not get hyped about any fight too far past next week until things change.

Comment

Do we really want all those mouth breathers bringing over the UK coronavirus strain?

Comment

Once in awhile we get thrown a bone,2 prime,elite fighters fighting at their peak. We had Loma/ Teo,Valdez/Berchelt,Ryan/Luke and now this matchup. Hopefully once we turn the corner on this whole pandemic and start allowing fans in attendance,we can get more match ups like this,specifically Joshua vs Fury.. Hopefully Vegas allows fans as its only a few hrs drive for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by jockpunk View Post
              There may be fans allowed in Vegas by May but who knows what will happen with the virus. Why not go with the sure thing?
              I believe the last thing I heard we will be back to normal or more like the new normal I suppose before May. Idr the specific timeline, but it was before May & with Canelo vs BJS on May 8 being talked about for Vegas to I think its pretty much a lock we will be open for max capacity. And I mean its been relatively relaxed here for months minus crowd events & with the vaccine being rolled out more & more it doesn't seem as much of a stretch to think May is doable.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Do we really want all those mouth breathers bringing over the UK coronavirus strain?
                Ain't THAT many mfers coming from the UK. I feel like if Josh was THAT big the fight woulda been scheduled for a venue in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Ain't THAT many mfers coming from the UK. I feel like if Josh was THAT big the fight woulda been scheduled for a venue in the UK.
                  It’s all down to the virus! You could sell out any arena in Scotland, maybe even outdoors, hampden or murryfield

but there won’t be big event in the uk till maybe sept? Maybe even as late as 2022

we are still in full lockdown, only essential shops open

talking about big outdoor events like football matches from May-June but only 25% capacity

Comment

Originally posted by Bain01D View Post

It’s all down to the virus! You could sell out any arena in Scotland, maybe even outdoors, hampden or murryfield

but there won’t be big event in the uk till maybe sept? Maybe even as late as 2022

we are still in full lockdown, only essential shops open

talking about big outdoor events like football matches from May-June but only 25% capacity
                    Ahhh fair play then. Didn't realize the UK was still hemmed up til September-ish.

Guess Vegas makes the most sense then.

Comment

Working...
                    X