Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khalid Baker Left Without Fight, Opponent Misses Weight By More Than 40 Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God bless Khalid Baker. He went through hell, wrongfully imprisoned all those years. I hope he has a successful boxing career. Even though he can't get the lost time back, hopefully he has a lot of joy for the rest of his life.
    Keleneki Keleneki likes this.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers go out to that opponent. We've all been there.

Comment

Really? He wasted everybody time especially his, knowing he wasn't going to come close to making weight

Comment

My question is what part about not reading do people not get, because one person said he should have moved up a long time ago; now didn't the article state the overweight bastard normally fight at heavyweight. This is another movie type of story that breaks your heart about injustice towards blacks no matter what country they reside in, the system still stinks and I can't imagine at this point how you could possible make it right, because he did a whole bit! Well, I'm glad someone is giving him an opportunity and I hope they are paying him well for his troubles and talent at this late stage in the game.

Comment

what a fatso

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

The last line makes sense to me. Hell go ahead and take the fight. At 210 pounds your a heavyweight so Wright is just a big Heavyweight.
              That’s easy to say. When that 40 lbs heavier opponent lands a shot on you, it will be a different story than to just talk it out

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post

I was thinking the same thing. Its a bit embarrassing coming in a few pounds overweight, 40 is a joke and you'd need a week in a plastic sheet peddling frantically to shed that, which would of killed him.

So why even show up? Just lie and say sorry.
                Maybe he was thinking that they’d give him a pass and let the fight through since they’ve gone this far already.

Lazy ass mf’er wants to gain an edge. Shameful fat guy

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post

That’s easy to say. When that 40 lbs heavier opponent lands a shot on you, it will be a different story than to just talk it out
                  Tbf Baker has a massive advantage with his amateur pedigree, granted he has had a loooonng time out in prison, but he should be embarrassed beating up club fighters anyway

he has no time to lose, take the fight, outbox him for two rounds and the bloke will be done!

Comment

Working...
                  X