Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maurice Hooker: All The Pressure on Vergil Ortiz, I Love Being The Underdog..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maurice Hooker: All The Pressure on Vergil Ortiz, I Love Being The Underdog..

With his 2021 debut just a few weeks away, Maurice "Mighty Mo" Hooker is fully locked in on his March 20 fight with fellow Dallas-area native Vergil Ortiz. While he grinds through an intense training camp in the Colorado cold, he and his team have added motivation for the bout. Ortiz, a highly touted prospect, is widely viewed by pundits and oddsmakers alike as the favorite in the welterweight contest.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Vergil will break Hooker down and knock him out mid rounds.
    Either by a liver shot or left hook.

Comment

It still feels like yesterday I put a hundo on Hooker to win and watched miserably as he got a miss called knockdown, boxed okay to start then Ramirez got inside and lit him up like a Christmas tree....

Ortiz in 6, similar fashion. Maybe even more brutal. Leave the family at home this time Maurice. Please?

Comment

I am really excited for this fight. I don't see it as a mismatch like most do. This is a solid match and Ortiz rightfully so is the favorite, but Hooker should not be counted out. His length is used correctly should give Ortiz problems. I also think that people are not taking Hooker's new team into account. He has been working with Crawford and his team for close to 2 years now and I'm sure they can game plan for a young fighter that has not been taken deep yet. Big question is will Hooker be able to execute it. I really think this can be a great match up.

Comment

Hooker will not see past the 6th round

Comment

This should be a fun fight for as long as it lasts but I would be shocked if Hooker goes the distance.

Comment

Hooker is dangerous. He's been champ and is long has power but so many picking Vergil and I think rightly so. Virgil looks special

Comment

Theres a lot of hype about Ortiz and rightfully so with 16 wins and 16 KO's but Hooker is a former Champ with a good team around him. Good step up for Ortiz and a good fight for relevancy for Hooker.

Comment

I hope Hooker has enough pressure to keep his career alive and to make the fight competitive. We all really want to see Virgil tested

Comment

Interested in seeing how Hooker has evolved under BBB.

Comment

Working...
                    X