Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz Expects A lot of Doors To Open After Hooker Figh...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz Expects A lot of Doors To Open After Hooker Figh...

Welterweight contender Vergil Ortiz is eager to get in the ring with former world champion Maurice Hooker on March 20th in Fort Worth, Texas. Ortiz, unbeaten with 16, has knocked out every single opponent inside the distance. Hooker has been out of the ring since December of 2019, when he bounced back from a July stoppage loss to Jose Ramirez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Now able to have a Full Crowd In Texas! Should be a good turn out for this one now!

Comment

Unfortunately Ortiz will be avoided, high risk low reward. He won't get a shot at any of the PBC welters, Crawford won't give him a shot, even though he's ranked #2 by the WBO, the WBO would have to enforce a mandatory for him to get Crawford. Ennis is another Guy who's in the same boat as Ortiz, will be avoided, but Ennis saving grace might be the fact that he fights for PBC, because of that he might get a shot at one of those PBC welters.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
        Unfortunately Ortiz will be avoided, high risk low reward. He won't get a shot at any of the PBC welters, Crawford won't give him a shot, even though he's ranked #2 by the WBO, the WBO would have to enforce a mandatory for him to get Crawford. Ennis is another Guy who's in the same boat as Ortiz, will be avoided, but Ennis saving grace might be the fact that he fights for PBC, because of that he might get a shot at one of those PBC welters.
        I'm pretty sure Danny and Porter would take the fight eventually. And Spence vs Ortiz would be a big money turff battle. If Ortiz wants Spence I don't see Spence ducking one bit.

As for Crawford, I think he would fight Ortiz before fighting Porter, Thurman, or Spence. He would probably have to make a deal right after hooker, before Ortiz gets too expensive for Bob and Crawfords easy fight minimum effort pay checks.
        Last edited by ReggieKray; 03-03-2021, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
          I thought porter was #2 in the wbo

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieKray View Post

I'm pretty sure Danny and Porter would take the fight eventually. And Spence vs Ortiz would be a big money turff battle. If Ortiz wants Spence I don't see Spence ducking on bit.

As for Crawford, I think he would fight Ortiz before fighting Porter, Thurman, or Spence. He would probably have to make a deal right after hooker, before Ortiz gets too expensive for Bob and Crawfords easy fight minimum effort pay checks.
            Danny is moving up to 154.

Comment

Ennis vs Lipinets, Ortiz vs Hooker. The boys are stepping up. Kinda wish these were title eliminators though so that they can get mandatory positions.

Comment

Ortiz,Jr.is the best welterweight in the world,not to many people know it yet

Comment

This will be the first official test to Ortiz after fighting only peddlers and uber drivers. This fight will show weather this guy is over hyped or for real...

Comment

Hooker who's friends with both Spence and Crawford beat him up good so one of his friend come for revenge

Comment

Working...
                    X