Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It’s rather comical that Floyd didn’t attempt Middleweight Lineage with Cotto or Canelo, got spanked by Errol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post

Lol. I know you very well. You’ve said before, “why would Canelo need to go up another division?!” What was the highest weight Floyd fought at, and what was the lowest weight at Middleweight did Cotto and Canelo fight at?

Floyd has Duran as ATG #2 fighter of all time. What weight class did Duran start at?
    Floyd was already 36 when he fought Canelo, he was already old...the show was over man

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX.... View Post
      I remember before the Canelo fight, People on here were saying Floyd was wearing glasses because he was afraid to look at Canelo...
      Dont remember that but Floyd was a helluva fighter. Happy I saw him for as many years as I did.

Dont know why you even entertain this stuff Larry. Me and you posted a ton back in the day before i got banned bjl12.

Anyhow just ignore this troll ish. Waste of energy

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Someone who had over 50% of their fights at 130lbs has no business at MW. It’s amazing that Mayweather went up to 154lbs three times to win major titles and Ring titles vs high ranking fighters of the time. Mayweather beating DLH, Canelo, and Cotto at 154 is like Canelo beating Kovalev, Beterbiev and Bivol at 175.
        What weight did Roberto Duran start at and who were the biggest guys he faced his post career? Why did RJJ fight Vinny Paz? RJJ was P4P #1 at one point.

for a guy like Floyd claiming Cotto and Canelo were easy at 152-154, then why didn’t Floyd fight them at 155 for the Lineal Middleweight crown? I mean inboxing there’s a thing called rematches. So Floyd had to “prove” a rematch with Maidana at 147, but not prove a Middleweight crown with Cotto and Canelo whom he said were easy? That makes absolutely no sense

Comment

Floyd was already 36 when he fought Canelo, he was already old...the show was over man
          So Floyd’s wins thereafter don’t count because he was “older?” Wtf.

Comment

What weight did Roberto Duran start at and who were the biggest guys he faced his post career? Why did RJJ fight Vinny Paz? RJJ was P4P #1 at one point.

for a guy like Floyd claiming Cotto and Canelo were easy at 152-154, then why didn’t Floyd fight them at 155 for the Lineal Middleweight crown? I mean inboxing there’s a thing called rematches. So Floyd had to “prove” a rematch with Maidana at 147, but not prove a Middleweight crown with Cotto and Canelo whom he said were easy? That makes absolutely no sense
            Mayweather vs Maidana was competitive, and it is seen as such by the majority of the boxing public. That is why there was a rematch. If a fighter really came close to beating Mayweather, and their fight casted any doubt by serious boxing publications and fans, Floyd would give a rematch. This happened twice. Mayweather vs Castillo I and Mayweather vs Maidana I. Maidana gave a much better account of himself vs Mayweather than Canelo and Cotto did. Nobody thought Mayweather vs Canelo was competitive. Some people had Mayweather-Maidana either close for Floyd, a draw, or close for Maidana. No one thought that for either May-Canelo or May-Cotto.

How come Canelo fought Kovalev at 175 but won’t fight Beterbiev at 175? We all know the answer to that, but just saying.

Don’t worry too much about Mayweather. He beat Canelo and Cotto and is now retired. Focus on Canelo’s career.

Comment

Legend has it that one dimensional Spence would simply just throw hail Mary’s at Floyd in sparring and Errol could go many rounds doing so. He got kicked out being a sparring partner. Since Errol was about 170lbs against Floyd in sparring, this is the reason why Floyd didn’t want to risk a 1lb challenge for Middleweight Lineage with Cotto. Middleweight Cotto had gained more muscle than his Floyd appearance.
              Guarantee you based on what I'm seeing now with spence there is absolutely zero chance that today's spence would even win a single round against 2015 may weather

Comment

how can you attack the man who made Canelo look like he just started boxing??? just leave it alone, you sound weird

facts I like Canelo but past-prime Floyd schooled him 12-0.

Comment

So Floyd’s wins thereafter don’t count because he was “older?” Wtf.
                  no, Floyd was smart enough to know when to call it a day... simple as that

Comment

Floyd retired at 38 as

p4p#1

unified,lineal 147 champ

unified lineal 154 champ

Canelo is a hell of a fighter and I hope he can retire on top as well

Comment

Working...
                    X