Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders: I Have The Tools To Beat Canelo, Cement My Legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saunders and legacy is the same sentence just sounds odd. A bit like banana and ketchup.

Comment

He'll talk until he walks into the ring and folds like a chair against canelo. He'll give more of a fight than the lone wolf turk, but that's not saying much. They should make this fight free for those who spent money on the last fight that was a dive. Canelo is great but just like mayweather, he's trying to build a crap legacy off of belts rather than real opponents. Just bounce from weight division to weight division cherry picking the weak belt holders. Nothing impressive about that. What it really shows is that he's afraid of real competition and the elites in a division. Canelo "i don't always fight for belts, but when i do, it's the weakest i can find." Stay classy my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicc View Post
        At best, I see Saunders getting robbed on the cards.
        As a cat picking BJS this is my biggest concern. I think how BJS goes about trying to win matters with the judges. He's gonna need to control the pace of the fight & where the fight takes place at. If he's not landing first & last during exchanges he's gonna be in a lot of close rounds or just losing rounds. And Canelo is gonna win all the close rounds. BJS is either gonna need to win 9 rounds to win a split decision or make the fight go down in a way where sketchy scorecards aren't reasonable possible.

Comment

As usual... a mix mostly of BJS haters mixed with a few Canelo haters. I've seen brilliance from both, so I'll take the stance that this will be the toughest fight so far for both fighters. Looking forward to it, and won't be shocked if there's a surprise by the time the fight is over with. Unless it's a boring snoozefest, which is doubtful, this one will be great for the sport.

Comment

Obviously Canelo will be favored, no one is claiming otherwise, but BJS does have the tools... Technically speaking he could be a nightmare for Canelo. The other thing is Billy's attitude. He has a much more ferocious personality than anyone Canelo has faced since Golovkin, so don't expect him to crumble.

It is of course possible that, after a few rounds, if Canelo has managed to control things and BJS knows he can't do anything, he might just carefully box out the fight like Smith did.

Canelo is the big man with all the experience, he is a possible ATG in the making, but I definitely give BJ more of a shout than anyone he fought since Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
              BJS is trash, his best win is GGG left overs david lemieux

He just fought martin murray for ****s sake, i didnt even know that guy was still fighting. Sergio and GGG were using him for stay busy fights 8 and 6 years ago respectively and BJS fought him 3 months ago.

BJS is a whinny little *****, Canelo will dominate and stop him and then he wont give credit, he is the type to tell us how he was really winning or he had some injury that he never mentioned on the prefight forms, or the ref stopped it too early ect
              Nah, I think your going to far.

He'll at least say "fair play to him." Or something like that first, then offset it with an excuse. Then say: "I'm not making any excuses."

But the Murray fight... BJ needs to be hyped up for the fight, that fight would always be the same because Billy is not a KO artist and it was just style-wise a boring fight.

BJ isn't whiny; he's mouthy, there's a difference. He needs the emotion. This fight will be interesting; will be very hard work for Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                Saunders has a legacy to cement?
                Meaning he'll find some way out of this fight like he seems to do when real competition comes along. Que the nasal spray

Comment

Working...
                X