Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the first time Canelo hasn't sold out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martinez not being on the card must have hurt somewhat. It was the only fight I was looking forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
      Its never about one fighter, its always about the matchup, good fights sell BS fights dont and it dont matter who it is.
      It is about one fighter when you're the face of the sport.

I understand you need good matchups to sell PPV but seeing the face of the sport in person is an attraction itself

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post

obviously you care, you are on every one of his threads...
        I guess you could say i care. I'm definitely enjoying seeing mayweathers son go into obscurity

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

It is about one fighter when you're the face of the sport.

I understand you need good matchups to sell PPV but seeing the face of the sport in person is an attraction itself
          History doesnt show this unless the guy is fighting in his hometown, put Canelo against a top opponent and he would sell out in 10 minutes , just the fickle nature of boxing .

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

History doesnt show this unless the guy is fighting in his hometown, put Canelo against a top opponent and he would sell out in 10 minutes , just the fickle nature of boxing .
            History does show that. Tyson sold out the Toyko dome against a 40-1 underdog. Wasn't in his hometown or even his home country. When you're the face of the sport you are the attraction.

Comment

Thanks for the wire up

Comment

Miami is Cubans not Mexicans

Comment

I thought about going, but once I saw the price for the seats I'd be interested in I decided it wasn't worth the cost or the trouble. Would've been completely different if it was Canelo vs GGG, another big name or top opponent. But I'll pass this time and just watch it from home

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
                    People dont care about ginger boy anymore. Thats why hes begging Golovkin for the rubber match
                    d59y9sz-801766d2-da74-4288-98a9-7b1150225c27.gif?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZDYyNGJiNTAtMTRiYi00YmQ1LTkwYTItN2MwNDU4M2M3MzcxXC9kNTl5OXN6LTgwMTc2NmQyLWRhNzQtNDI4OC0

Comment

Canelo-GGG 2 didn’t completely sell out actually. There were a lot of spare seats in the arena. My friend got a ticket of stubhub for around 300 a day before the fight too. That ticket would have originally sold for around 500 dollars.

Comment

Working...
                      X