Lewis v Bowe 1993 "Why it never happened"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
    Hey DC Fight Fan.

Bowe did have a great arsenal/skillset but he never really faced enough punchers for me to say he was the best HW since Ali, he had the potential to be but to say he was is a bit over the top imo, he needed to prove more than he did. The night he beat Holyfield he looked something special.

He also thinks Tyson paying Lewis step aside Money is why Lewis ducked Tyson.

He was scared of Berbick and thats why he left Canada, he ducked Hide and he was no better than Frank Bruno.
    Unbelieveable. ......

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Unbelieveable. ......

Dave Tiberi lost to James Toney clearly. Holyfield was robbed against Lewis (rematch) and many more little gems.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ein...layer_embedded

all the evidence one needs is here, straight from the horses mouth`

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ein...layer_embedded

all the evidence one needs is here, straight from the horses mouth`
          So you're giving a person who's part of the issue the value as a truthfull witness account?

Comment

So you're giving a person who's part of the issue the value as a truthfull witness account?
            I know

Bowe still manages to admit he basically ducked Lewis by low balling him with 25% because he knew with a guaranteed title shot he was not going to take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
              I know

Bowe still manages to admit he basically ducked Lewis by low balling him with 25% because he knew with a guaranteed title shot he was not going to take it.
              Making an offer of a 75/25 split knowing that Lewis as a mandatory (likely) gets significantly more via purseoffer is really just an alibi IMO.

At least the rules today is a way better split as mandatory (in most cases 60/40) than 75/25 so I would say Bowe's offer wasn't serious at all.

Comment

Making an offer of a 75/25 split knowing that Lewis as a mandatory (likely) gets significantly more via purseoffer is really just an alibi IMO.

At least the rules today is a way better split as mandatory (in most cases 60/40) than 75/25 so I would say Bowe's offer wasn't serious at all.
                ...............Exactly.

Shame Sonnybox does not deal with commonsense.

Comment

the biggest fight this year Paquiao v Cotto is a 75/25 split

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                    the biggest fight this year Paquiao v Cotto is a 75/25 split
                    And?

What's relevance to the issue of this thread? Is cotto Pac's mandy or what?

Comment

And?

What's relevance to the issue of this thread? Is cotto Pac's mandy or what?
                      Pacquiao v Cotto is a far bigger fight than what Bowe v Lewis was back in 93

Comment

Working...
                      X