Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valero vs. Sotto on Nov. 14 is back on???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valero vs. Sotto on Nov. 14 is back on???

VALERO-SOTO

Another fight on Arum's mind is a match between lightweight titlist Edwin Valero and junior lightweight beltholder Humberto Soto. If you've seen either guy fight, you know it has the makings of a terrific slugfest.

Arum wants it to be the co-feature on Nov. 14 on the Miguel Cotto-Manny Pacquiao HBO PPV card at the MGM Grand.

"We believe we will be able to make Valero against Soto," Arum told me this week. "That's the fight I want to make."

A few weeks ago, Arum said he hoped to make the match eventually but would probably have each man in separate Nov. 14 bouts. Now, he's changed his mind.

"What changed was I didn't want to do separate opponents because then I have (expletive)," he said. "They should fight each other."

Arum had to convince Fernando Beltran, his partner on Soto and Valero, to support the fight. "My argument to him was, 'Look at the landscape. If Manny beats Cotto, the winner of Valero-Soto could very well be the next opponent for Manny,'" Arum said. "I think Manny fighting the winner at 140 pounds would still do 400,000 or 500,000 [pay-per-view] buys coming off this fight and that is enough to feed everybody."

Before Arum can finalize the fight, Valero needs to be licensed in Nevada. That process is expected to start next week, now that Nevada has amended a rule and will now allow fighters who have suffered a cerebral hemorrhage to apply for a license.

"If he's licensed, it looks like we can make the fight," Arum said. "To do it on the undercard of a big match like [Cotto-Pacquiao] is tremendous."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...ame=rafael_dan

I really wish Bob Arum is telling the truth for once. We could all be in for a treat is this fight gets made as one of the under cards of Pacquiao/Cotto megafight!

Comment

I can't believe none of you guys are interested for this match-up to happen...

Comment

Most likely, Golden Boy is puttin alot of pressure on Arum to Counter with a good card after seeing the card for Marquez vs Mayweather.

Comment

Damn,that would be a great,great fight.

I think Soto has the goods to handle Valero.

Soto vs Guerrero is another good fighgt.I'd like him to beat Gutierrez who just won the interim title too.

Soto vs anyone is a good fight.

Comment

wtf was the point of posting that ugly ***** at the end?

Comment

This would be a great addition to the Cotto-Pacquiao fight.

I'll be in the building, and I'd love to see Valero live in person. This would be icing on the cake, and I hope Arum is doing everything he can to get the man cleared in Vegas!

Comment

OK, Im ready to hear everyone rip Pac as a megastar since there putting this fight on. I mean, everyone ripped Floyd for having a good undercard by saying that this proves he cant sell crap so they need to stack the card. What does this prove about Pac then since this fight is way better than any fight on both undercards?

The truth is what I said from the jump. Instead of ripping Floyd just to rip him, you should be praising him because he's the #1 guy responsible for bringing stacked cards back to boxing. I said that in the "is Floyd saving boxing" thread where I talked about how the 24/7 show is making fights huge which was Floyd's idea and now he is stacking undercards which will be great for boxing. Dont tell me that it wasnt Floyd either because GBP has been out there for years and have had the worst undercards in the world but when Floyd gets on it then he tries to bring guys like Zab in who was supposed to be the 1st fight named on the undercard. Dont tell me that wasnt Floyd. Give the man his props for this stuff. This is making boxing great but no one wants to admit it

Comment

LOL at Manny fighting either of those guys. Whoever wins between Manny and Cotto should be fighting the winner of Mayweather-Marquez... if not, Mosley.

Bob trying to line his pockets again - Crafty Jew

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                    OK, Im ready to hear everyone rip Pac as a megastar since there putting this fight on. I mean, everyone ripped Floyd for having a good undercard by saying that this proves he cant sell crap so they need to stack the card. What does this prove about Pac then since this fight is way better than any fight on both undercards?

The truth is what I said from the jump. Instead of ripping Floyd just to rip him, you should be praising him because he's the #1 guy responsible for bringing stacked cards back to boxing. I said that in the "is Floyd saving boxing" thread where I talked about how the 24/7 show is making fights huge which was Floyd's idea and now he is stacking undercards which will be great for boxing. Dont tell me that it wasnt Floyd either because GBP has been out there for years and have had the worst undercards in the world but when Floyd gets on it then he tries to bring guys like Zab in who was supposed to be the 1st fight named on the undercard. Dont tell me that wasnt Floyd. Give the man his props for this stuff. This is making boxing great but no one wants to admit it
                    I AGREEE. But you know hate is strong ****, it blinds people.

Comment

Working...
                    X