No announcement yet.

Malignaggi: "This is Why Boxing Has No Popularity Left"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malignaggi: "This is Why Boxing Has No Popularity Left"

After the fight with Juan Diaz was over at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas, Paulie Malignaggi was furious with the decision. He was very upset with the 118-110 score of Gale Van Hoy. The other two judges had it 115-113 and 116-112 for Diaz. A few days ago on BoxingScene.com, Malignaggi complained about the possible screwjob by Van Hoy. He knew some home cooking was coming his way from Van Hoy. [details]

Malignaggi exposed GBP, Juan Diaz and Texas judges big time. Paulie knew the chances of him getting screwed were very high and he took some actions before the fight. People were clowning him when he said those things and look what happen.

Comment

Exactly.

Paulie boxed great earlier on. Didn't finish Diaz with a KO, but showed off his skills and beat Diaz better than what Marquez did - minus the KO.

Completely outclassed him.

I don't know how anyone can give Diaz that fight when he only got close to Paulie for about 30 seconds a round. The rest of it was Paulie controlling Diaz with a jab.

Even an SD win for Diaz would have been controversial. But to score it an 118 - 110 fight for Diaz is getting away with murder.

I'd rather have Stevie Wonder judging a boxing match then Van Hoy.

Comment

He makes a good point. I know people that stopped watching boxing because of that reason exactly.

Comment

I wonder if this will go anywhere or if it will simply be washed off

Comment

If I am Paulie I never even listen to an offer to fight in Texas again. This is the definition of gettin straight jerked. Paul deserves a rematch immediately, and if Diaz and Golden Boy have any dignity they will offer it up as soon as possible. Not their fault it went like this but they are the ones in a position to put things right. Offer Paulie a rematch outside of Texas, with neutral judges. They owe him that much, AT LEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by dc6112 View Post
              If I am Paulie I never even listen to an offer to fight in Texas again. This is the definition of gettin straight jerked. Paul deserves a rematch immediately, and if Diaz and Golden Boy have any dignity they will offer it up as soon as possible. Not their fault it went like this but they are the ones in a position to put things right. Offer Paulie a rematch outside of Texas, with neutral judges. They owe him that much, AT LEAST.
              Paulie won't be going to Texas for a holiday let alone another fight.

This sort of **** isn't good for boxing I agree.

Neither was the DLH vs Mayweather fight.

Comment

That van Hoy should have his licensed revoked and the texas commission should investigate this matter to restore Boxing's integrity...

Comment

Originally posted by hard2kill View Post
                  that van hoy should have his licensed revoked and the texas commission should investigate this matter to restore boxing's integrity...

Right!!!!!!!!

Comment

Boxing has always been like that remember Patterson vs Ellis.

Comment

Working...
                    X