No announcement yet.

Juanma's New Deal is Three Years, Two Fights Per Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juanma's New Deal is Three Years, Two Fights Per Year

As previously reported, undefeated WBO super bantamweight champion Juan Manuel Lopez extended his contract with Top Rank. The fight revealed the details of the new pact. The deal will run until at least 2012 and guarantees him two fights per year. During 2009, Top Rank also resigned WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto and WBO/WBC middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik. [details]

Wouldn't be bad if Celestino Caballero was a fight in this deal....

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      They better make that fight, its gonna look really bad if they turn him down.
      Fighters really should be fighting more than twice a year, especially youngsters like Juanma who are still making names for themselves.

Comment

Juan is a young champ but I dont think he's at the level or point in his career where he could just be a 2 fight per year guy. He needs more than that definatly

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
          Agree 100% he needs it

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          Juan is a young champ but I dont think he's at the level or point in his career where he could just be a 2 fight per year guy. He needs more than that definatly

that is true, and even more that a lot of them have been early KO's. I can understand the play to keep him healthy so he can be more years around and don't over do him. But as much as a great champ I believe he is, he is still to premature to just 2 fights a year, 3 fights would sound better for the next year or two.

Comment

Two fights a year for Juanma is not enough. Pacquiao and Mayweather can get do this because all their fights are huge. Juanma needs to be more active.

Comment

2 fights a year? Is he DLH? He's still up and coming. I think at least 3 a year is good.

Comment

it's a guarantee of two fights a year which means he probably will be fighting more

Comment

juanma should be fighting 3 or even 4 times a year!!!!

Comment

TR guarantees 2 fights per year, that dont mean he'll only fight twice a year. I agree on JML vs Caba, but so far I only see two fighters talking and no promoter talk.

Comment

Working...
                    X