Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jones looked great tonight, but lets not get carried away.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
    Calzaghe wasnt exactly a spring chicken in those fights.
    Never said he was.

But he was certainly closer to his fighting "prime" than either of his opponets.

Comment

Originally posted by BAlvarez View Post
      looked alot more impressive then equally old bernard hopkins looks when he squeeks out an ugly victory and gets major props. keep fighting and entertaining roy
      Difference is when Roy fights the level of competition Hopkins does, he usually ends up imitating an ironing board.

Comment

Originally posted by shonuff488 View Post
        I agree Roy is still shot, but why are we bringing Calzaghe into the discussion.
        its early morning UK time......Calzaghe and coffee goes well together I guess......but wait till its tea time in a few hours.......they'll slap his name in every thread......why? I guess to STEAL the light Roy EARNED last night!!

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
          Lol, man Glen would smash Roy. It would look like a replay of the first fight, Johnson would smother him from round 1... again.

The only fights I'd advise Roy to take would be Green and Anderson Silva.
          And Tony Tucker cause Roy would beat his taco loving ass.

Comment

BTW ; if Roy beats Green and gets that Cruiserweight strap that would make Jones/Hopkins II much more attractive from the fan's point of view, as well as Bernard's.

I'd say it's pretty much a sure thing if Roy beats Danny.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
              Lol, man Glen would smash Roy. It would look like a replay of the first fight, Johnson would smother him from round 1... again.

The only fights I'd advise Roy to take would be Green and Anderson Silva.
              Glen is not as good as he was in that fight, have you seen his last fight? he is not throwing with much volume and is slower, you will see when I mean during the Dawson fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
                Calzaghe is a good whipping boy to insult here pretty much whatever the discussion
                No bitterness towards Calzaghe. He picked his spots very nicely, but in the long run know one even knows who he is. 20 years from now no one will know who he was. Roy Jones and Bernard Hopkins will go down as legends and all time greats.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  BTW ; if Roy beats Green and gets that Cruiserweight strap that would make Jones/Hopkins II much more attractive from the fan's point of view, as well as Bernard's.

I'd say it's pretty much a sure thing if Roy beats Danny.
                  woah woah woah obviously not THE Danny cause the GOAT would kill the prime Roy just like he beat the Prime Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                    Difference is when Roy fights the level of competition Hopkins does, he usually ends up imitating an ironing board.
                    This is true.

It reminds me of wat Roy was saying in the build up to the Lacy fight ; he was talking about how "dangerous" Lacy is, how powerful his punch is, how good his left hook is, and how good a matchup it would be because it was a classic "boxer vs. puncher" type fight.

I was with him on all that, and willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on the whole "dangerous" thing about Lacy even though I knew otherwise.

But then he started talking about how at the age of 39 he owes it to his fans to fight the best, and that's what he was doing with Lacy.

It would've been comical if I didn't think he actually believed it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                      Why?

Because he beat them both when their combined age was 82?

Joe may have been the winner of those fights but the legacies and careers of Hopkins and Jones far surpass that of Calzaghe's.
                      Typical Yank, Hating on the greatness of Joe Calzaghe.

Comment

Working...
                      X