Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source that Cotto Walks Around at 170+?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D, don't worry about that.it doesn't matter.

this is should be a non issue for his detractors.but of course they love to ride the ****.

Comment

Originally posted by jantzen212003 View Post
      Its no secret he balloons up and out between fights. You can tell in his stamina after 6! Fighters that do that for so long diminish before their time is up.
      Don't know where peepz is getting this stamina nonsense from? I really just think that depending how the fight is going he changes up a bit the final rounds. I mean against Mosley he said that he thought he had the fight won.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha-Omega View Post
        D, don't worry about that.it doesn't matter.

this is should be a non issue for his detractors.but of course they love to ride the ****.
        Yeah it really isn't a big issue, but I like it when peepz state facts when they try to make a point. If he weighs 170lbs between fights then post the source.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Omonist View Post
          Source?
          Ahhh,he comes in 160 on fight night.It's naturally to think he's about 170 off training.

Back in 2001 when he had the car accidnet and took a long layoff he said he was close to 190.

Comment

Its not gonna matter in Nov.

Comment

Cotto has said he is 20 pounds away from the 145 limit, meaning he is at 165. He also said that he has kept in shape since his Clottey fight, so when he lets himself go he weighs more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
                Ahhh,he comes in 160 on fight night.It's naturally to think he's about 170 off training.

Back in 2001 when he had the car accidnet and took a long layoff he said he was close to 190.
                Wow! If he was in an accident then that is acceptable. I have a friend that is a bodybuilder that had a motorcycle accident, and became as thin as a stick afterwards. I think that Cotto could reach 170 between fights if he let himself go, but what I am asking for is a source. I mean he might also keep training a bit to not reach 170 lbs.

Comment

I just wanted to know if any of you have a source that says Cotto walks around at 170lbs or more? This article says that he currently weighs 162 pounds, and needs to loose 17 to make the 145 catch weight against Manny. I just want to know if peepz on here are exaggerating or if it is really true.

D-Om
                  have you seen him in PR while he's not training? not that its a bad thing or anything but he looks to me heavier than 160.

LOL @ the comparison to Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                    Cotto has said he is 20 pounds away from the 145 limit, meaning he is at 165. He also said that he has kept in shape since his Clottey fight, so when he lets himself go he weighs more than that.
                    I read the newspaper "El Nuevo Dia" and it says that he is 17 pounds away from 145. I really don't care if he does or doesn't weigh more than 170, but I just want to get the facts straight. If he does weigh more than 170 that is a **** load of weight to loose.

Comment

Wow! If he was in an accident then that is acceptable. I have a friend that is a bodybuilder that had a motorcycle accident, and became as thin as a stick afterwards. I think that Cotto could reach 170 between fights if he let himself go, but what I am asking for is a source. I mean he might also keep training a bit to not reach 170 lbs.
                      Cotto's weight fluctuations are well known for years.

The actual interview when he said that he was close to 190 is before the Jennings fight and I remeber taking it from the archive here on boxingscene.

It's the same interview where he says he won't ever clinch.

Comment

Working...
                      X