Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was Oscar De La Hoya's last "prime" fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He looked no different against Mayweather than he did against Hopkins or Mosley in the rematch. He just got outworked by the more skilled fighter. In the Forbes fight, he didn't look like half the fighter that fought Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Animalistic 3.0 View Post
      Tito. De La Hoya was never the same after that fight in my opinion.

You're so biased to Puerto Rican fighters, it's disgusting.

The Oscar pre-160 was a prime Oscar.
      Last edited by Kevin Jesus; 08-14-2009, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Mosley II.

Comment

honestly, I thoguht DLH looked better in the 1st Mosley fight than he did in the 2nd Mosley fight. quicker, snappier punches.

Comment

maybe vargas.........he was very inconsistent after the trinidad fight though.....too much distractions, he showed a lot of skill and heart in the first mosley fight, in fact i think he was extra motivated to prove he was a warrior and erase the trinidad debacle, but he also had lost a lot of training and focus with the whole album ****, he took a year layoff and 2 easy fights before vargas, but again he looked at least motivated by the trash talk.....then instead of building on that win he took time off, the easy campas tune up, then a mosley rematch he shouldve won, but just didnt show as much desire as in the past.......and then he got robbed....i think he just lost something after that....he took another year off, looked like **** vs sturm, took a dive, took 2 years off..................he looked great against mayorga, but that wasnt even oscar anymore....his style was completely different, he had no movement......

Comment

Forbes is not as easy a win as everyone thinks. the guy may not be a TOP tier fighter but he comes into the fight ready and game. Unfortunately for Forbes he has no power and starts to get like more of a sparring partner mentality then going for the W. Oscar looked good against mayorga and no fellas not everyone looks good against Mayorga. That statement is terribly false go Mosley that question. If you say Mosley was past it when he fought Mayorga or have any comments than see 1/24/09 Mosley vs Margarito to call your bluff on that. Oscar made the mistake of jumping up to middle weight. He looked terrible against Strum and we all know what happened when he fought Hopkins. He as not that bad against FMJ I mean look at most of FMJ's fights and you tell me who he hasn't made look slow and off? the fight against PAC he looked the worst I have ever seen a fighter of his qualifacations look. PAC is no slouch by any means but that was just pittiful to watch. if it were any other fighter the reff would have stopped the fight much sooner than it happened. Just hard to watch. The fact remains in my mind Oscar got old very quick in there. If I had to call a last time I SAW PRIME OSCAR it was probably against Mosley / Vargas....Lefty

Last edited by LEFTYGUNZZ; 08-14-2009, 02:33 PM. Reason: Video

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
                He did have a good outing against Vargas and many thought Vargas was gonna beast Oscar.
                wait, who thought Vargas was going to beat Oscar? I may be wrong, but I thgouth the general consensus was that DLH was going to wipe the floor with Vargas, seeing as Vargas had just had a mediocre outing against an aging Wilfredo Rivera, where he got dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                  wait, who thought Vargas was going to beat Oscar? I may be wrong, but I thgouth the general consensus was that DLH was going to wipe the floor with Vargas, seeing as Vargas had just had a mediocre outing against an aging Wilfredo Rivera, where he got dropped.
                  Nah,there were plenty picking Vargas.Oscar's seemingly lost his will to train and fight big fights at the time.

Oscar was the favorite but the fight was even money fight.

Comment

Last prime fight was against Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
                      Last prime fight was against Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X