No announcement yet.

WBO 130lbs Champion Rocky Martinez from Brawler to Boxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
    na, his chin is OK, he has been hit even flusher by, bigger hitters than Cook and he just kept comming.

I think it was a combination of him been of balance and that he got hit real flush, that made him loook bad!!!!!!!!
    He was not off balance. That left hook landed right on his chin, watch it in slow mo.

Comment

Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post
      u should see how ppl love rocky here!!!

thats the kind of guy.. that have you off your seat for the entire fight!1

he gets hit a lot! true.. and he doesnt have GREAT BOXING SKILLS.. but the dude have tons of heart!! .. i do agree with you that his chin is not made of granite... but he knows how to come back! ... this move is a good one for him... his not ready for the TOP TOP CHAMPIONS yet.....

but he can definately has a punchers chances against anyone in that division.
      His war with Daniel Jimenez was sick, gotta give him that. But then again Azuquita ain't anything special and not really a big puncher and him reeling back.

Comment

Originally posted by XviciousX View Post
        His war with Daniel Jimenez was sick, gotta give him that. But then again Azuquita ain't anything special and not really a big puncher and him reeling back.
        azuquita is not the same!!!

in fact hes fighting this saturday i think... against marcos el tigre jimenez ...theres gonna be a a DOMINICAN WAR card here in puerto rico.. on this weekend.. and they are the main event..

well.. azuquita is a really good boxer.. he was the first one to defeat vicente escobedo.. and if im not mistaken.. ppl still have hopes on escobedo.. so... that says a lot.

escobedo vs rocky martinez would be a war 2!!

if im not mistaken his fight with azuquita was teh fight of the year here in PR

Comment

u should see how ppl love rocky here!!!

thats the kind of guy.. that have you off your seat for the entire fight!1

he gets hit a lot! true.. and he doesnt have GREAT BOXING SKILLS.. but the dude have tons of heart!! .. i do agree with you that his chin is not made of granite... but he knows how to come back! ... this move is a good one for him... his not ready for the TOP TOP CHAMPIONS yet.....

but he can definately have a punchers chances against anyone in that division.
          Good luck to him. I like the kid, and I thought he would have easily beat cook.

Comment

azuquita is not the same!!!

in fact hes fighting this saturday i think... against marcos el tigre jimenez ...theres gonna be a a DOMINICAN WAR card here in puerto rico.. on this weekend.. and they are the main event..

well.. azuquita is a really good boxer.. he was the first one to defeat vicente escobedo.. and if im not mistaken.. ppl still have hopes on escobedo.. so... that says a lot.

escobedo vs rocky martinez would be a war 2!!

if im not mistaken his fight with azuquita was teh fight of the year here in PR
            The last 3 round or so were sick. They both looked exhausted but Rockys heart pulled through.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
              Good luck to him. I like the kid, and I thought he would have easily beat cook.
              he did, 4round KO.

besides the mistake that got him almost KD, he whooped Cook!!!

And he have veryo good power too!!!!!

suggest you to watch his fight with Jimenez and Bonavides!!!

Comment

I like Rocky.

Look forward to seeing him against our top man at 130 Kevin Mitchell, not Cookie.

I think some of you are being disrespectful of Cookie on here, he is a very good fighter just not a great one. He has decent boxing skills. A little like a guy like Michael Jennings but better. A good domestic-level fighter. These guys are good barometers for up-and-comers.

Cotto vs Jennings was pointless but Jennings is a solid pro who deserved a bit of a special occassion to see where he is at.

Comment

bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
                    I like Rocky.

Look forward to seeing him against our top man at 130 Kevin Mitchell, not Cookie.

I think some of you are being disrespectful of Cookie on here, he is a very good fighter just not a great one. He has decent boxing skills. A little like a guy like Michael Jennings but better. A good domestic-level fighter. These guys are good barometers for up-and-comers.

Cotto vs Jennings was pointless but Jennings is a solid pro who deserved a bit of a special occassion to see where he is at.
                    ^^^^ respect im glad jennings got his shot and payday

Comment

Working...
                    X