No announcement yet.

Women vs. Men in the ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women vs. Men in the ring

What is it that makes people believe that women should compete against men in the ring throwing fists. A top fighter would annialate a female fighter at the top of here game. A mediocre male fighter could probably put her down as well fairly easy. A tomato can, well, thats something that you just kick around.

If men and women are able to compete on the same level than why have they not integrated the w.n.b.a and the n.b.a. Or maybe had all-star games between the best womens players and the best male players. Why have the women not been brought into the N.H.L (I know there was a womans goalie, but i am not certain that she played in the N.H.L). we all know why, because they wouldnt be there for long. And yes i know that a woman played with the men on the p.g.a.

So whats different about the ring, about pitting a woman against a man in fistic combat. There actually is a huge difference between boxing and almost every sport out there. In boxing the main purpose is to dispose of your opponent, with your fists, until that fighter is no longer able to continue.
    I am talking damage here, that is a big part of boxing. These women would be maimed and dropped hard by any good male fighter.

I am not a he-man woman hater here, I am just speaking the truth. If women have not become a part of mens leagues in other sports than why should it be in boxing, a sport that is more dangerous and damaging. The difference is that Basketball, Hockey, Golf and all of the other sports are games. Boxing is the furthest thing from a game that you get. It is a straight out fight and if these promoters can not see that then we will just have to wait until one of these women is severly injured by a male fighter. maybe then they will understand........Rockin'

I think any male fighter, the same weight (who actually trains and fights other males) as a female fighter would destroy her in a fight..

Comment

That's not new man. Of course women are generally weaker than man thats just human nature.

Much like how Lions are the strongest than lionesses. Or how in Hyenas (dont know how to spell it) the Females are bigger and stronger than the males.

Just the way life is, thats all.

Comment

I full heartedly agree, and this **** will stop when a woman slumps over on the canvas and gets put in a coma from a punch behind the ear. and the guy that does it is gonna be marked for life.

could you imagine like a heavyweight woman vs a true heavyweight contender? ****, frank bruno's hooks measured up to around .63 ton, thats too much for a female to take

its like football, they have those rare occassional female QB's or etc, but i tell you, defensive/offensive lineman weighing 250-300-350lb and squatting upwards of 620 lb, no female could take the punishment that kind of athlete is capable of dishing out, it's just equal rights bull****, it's all a big show until someone gets hurt.
        Last edited by Slipx; 02-24-2005, 11:16 PM.

Comment

I not really in to women's boxing, because I don't know what channels show it, but are the rules in that sport any different?

Comment

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh
            I not really in to women's boxing, because I don't know what channels show it, but are the rules in that sport any different?
            Well the only bouts I've seen were from them being on the undercard of a scheduled main event, usually a ****ty main event to begin with.

First of all,female fighters are paid 1/2 as much as male fighters.
            Second, they aren't given accomodations when they arrive someplace, ie hotel,etc. Christy martin said all this on the last In The Corner. (seems like a good woman, sorta weird for her to **** her trainer but i guess it worked)
            Third, most people don't really want to see female boxing.she actually went as far as to say it was coming to an end altogether..

anyway the female boxing usually comes on fox sports net,sometimes MSG network,and theres another fight channel I forgot about..

but ya, I've always felt that a female didn't belong in the ring, just like back in the day they never had female gladiators, they simply don't belong in combat like that, and it isn't anything about equal rights.i believe women should have all the rights a man has, but they should be cherished for their reproductive abilities, not thrown into a ring to fight for their lives...i guess some girls like it..but I gotta say, I wouldnt mind having a GF who was a fighter, as long as she looks like that woman that was in the studio with brian last FNF..Ryker I think is her last name,a hotty..w/ my luck she's probably a hardcore lesbian feminist and hates guys..;P
            Last edited by Slipx; 02-24-2005, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh
              2 minute rounds for one thing...

Comment

I talked with Lucia down at kronk when she was working there. She is a beautifull woman. I liked her with her hair up as it was when she was at the gym. She is very pretty, she can fight, she is intelligent and she has class. Sounds like the perfect girl to me.

One thing, I have nothing against women boxing. I just think that most of them should get back to the amatuers or stay in the amatuers until the can fight like a pro. Lucia has spent her time learning and it definately shows. I am only against pitting women vs men in the ring, that all.........Rockin'

Comment

ya

Originally posted by Rockin1
                  I talked with Lucia down at kronk when she was working there. She is a beautifull woman. I liked her with her hair up as it was when she was at the gym. She is very pretty, she can fight, she is intelligent and she has class. Sounds like the perfect girl to me.

One thing, I have nothing against women boxing. I just think that most of them should get back to the amatuers or stay in the amatuers until the can fight like a pro. Lucia has spent her time learning and it definately shows. I am only against pitting women vs men in the ring, that all.........Rockin'

whats up rockin

do you know latanya king from the kronk she's like a 14 year old girl at the kronk, and emmanuel steward was sayin in a interview how womens boxing is hella violent n it's just brawling, he says this girl is like Ali and she is diff from all the other women, do you know her by any chance?

Comment

ive judged and reffed a fight with Latonya. She is the real thing. That girl boxes, moves her head...... its funny, she has found the rythme of the fight were it seems all of these other girls are just clueless. Emmanual is going to do the right things with her I am sure. He will see that she gets a solid amatuer boxing background and then maybe they will go pro with it, I am not sure of her intentions with the sport. But I am sure of one thing, she is one girl that can fight.......Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X