No announcement yet.

Roy Jones "Anderson Silva is the Best; I Love UFC"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shabs View Post
    yea sure bro...you would'nt last a minute with bj penn in mma fight and nope ur wrong any idiot caant compete sorry look at kimbo he was a beast steet fighter but look what happened to him and hes huge mid to low level mma guys knocked him
    Let me rephrase what I said, any idiot who trains for it, can compete in MMA.

UFC is just a bunch of gay rednecks hugging each other!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
      Dude You like what you like but any idiot can compete on UFC/MMA sports.

theres a similar type thing in the ARMY called combatives, and the first time I tried that ****, and choked in 45 seconds a 3rd level(Its supouse to be like a pro MMA fighter level) guy, who was 6'4" and about 225 pounds and Im only 5'9" and 155-160 when not training or anything.

MMA is a joke compare to boxing, it may be exciting to you but is a joke of a sport!!!!!!!
      Not any 'idiot' will remain the UFC champ for a couple of years, there is some serious talent and skills also.

I'd suggest for all you ingnorants to read this thread from the beginning to the very end. Thank you.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=295848

Comment

in his prime RJ would knock him stiff, in a ring or octagon.

these days silva is knocking him out, even in boxing. roy doesnt have one tenth of the ability he used to have. he might still beat silva at boxing with that. but the real problem is he mentally doesnt have it no more. ever since tarver KOd him hes been gun shy. he doesnt let go of his hands, and just stands there in front of his oponent trying not to get KOd without fighting back other than in brief spurts. with his reflexes gon he gon get tagged, and as soon as he does he will go into his shell.

the only thing that bothers me is that after this mma fans will act like it acctually means something or is in ant way impressive that silva won. he might aswell go after ali ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
          Dude You like what you like but any idiot can compete on UFC/MMA sports.

theres a similar type thing in the ARMY called combatives, and the first time I tried that ****, and choked in 45 seconds a 3rd level(Its supouse to be like a pro MMA fighter level) guy, who was 6'4" and about 225 pounds and Im only 5'9" and 155-160 when not training or anything.

MMA is a joke compare to boxing, it may be exciting to you but is a joke of a sport!!!!!!!
          But that's a terrible comparison dude. I know several family members who've been in the military and though they've trained in combat, they don't train nearly as much as these MMA guys do in specific things like Muy Thai, Ju Jitsu, Wrestling, etc. That's like me telling you my Uncle KO'd this Boxer who was a Sgt in his platoon and a trained Boxer, but am I gonna now say Boxing is wack?

I think you're just being biased towards Boxing. Me, I like all sorts of Physical Combat. No need to diss the other if it ain't in your lane ya know.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
            Looks like Roy Juice jr is back on the bean for the Lacy fight.

Comment

Yea, there are a lot of posers in the mma fanbase, which is probably the most irritating thing about the sport. I like it otherwise, even though its not nearly as deep as pure boxing or pure wrestling.

I mean, guys that trained at mma gyms would challenge me and I would honestly pretty easily handle them. and all Ive ever done is a little wrestling in high school, and trained myself in boxing(which is vastly inferior to going to a real gym). and yet theyve been doing mma or karate or some sort of martial art for longer than Ive been self training myself....yet I beat them in standup and on the ground.

I dont know, I like mma, but a lot of them seem to have this odd superiority complex, always insisting that mma fighters would easily beat any boxer in a 'real' fight.
              when in reality, a 'real' fight doesnt have rules, and any mma fighter would get murdered in a second by a guy with a gun or knife. or a purposeful groin shot, for that matter.

they are sports, for entertainment, not deathmatches. and the fans always want to think of themselves as 'better', just because they think their sport is 'superior'. its odd.
              Its not like theyre ALL like that by any means, but Ive met a fair share that are like that.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                Yea, there are a lot of posers in the mma fanbase, which is probably the most irritating thing about the sport. I like it otherwise, even though its not nearly as deep as pure boxing or pure wrestling.

I mean, guys that trained at mma gyms would challenge me and I would honestly pretty easily handle them. and all Ive ever done is a little wrestling in high school, and trained myself in boxing(which is vastly inferior to going to a real gym). and yet theyve been doing mma or karate or some sort of martial art for longer than Ive been self training myself....yet I beat them in standup and on the ground.

I dont know, I like mma, but a lot of them seem to have this odd superiority complex, always insisting that mma fighters would easily beat any boxer in a 'real' fight.
                when in reality, a 'real' fight doesnt have rules, and any mma fighter would get murdered in a second by a guy with a gun or knife. or a purposeful groin shot, for that matter.

they are sports, for entertainment, not deathmatches. and the fans always want to think of themselves as 'better', just because they think their sport is 'superior'. its odd.
                Its not like theyre ALL like that by any means, but Ive met a fair share that are like that.
                But the misconception with Boxing too is people assume a Boxer would win easily in a street fight as to where in actual Martial Arts training you're trained to literally take someone out with no regard to what youy'd use as a weapon (i.e kicks, knees, elbows, fists, etc). There aren't any rules.

Now that's not to say EVERY guy who's a martial artists will beat a Boxer, but when you gotta worry about getting kicked in the leg or taken down on top of being thrown punches, it's tough for me to see how a Boxer who only trains on how to defend punches being able to sprawl, get out of a choke hold, etc by someone who knows his craft heavily.

Comment

im just a fight fan whether its boxing mma or 2 guys fightin in the street lol..
                  im a fan but there is this belief that mma guys have no skills and its ridiculous
                  go home wrestle ur friend for 5 mins nonstop see if ur not tired then imagine wrestling a guy who not only is f'in strong but knows wut hes doin and was he gets u down will start pounding u.. it takes ridiculous amounts of stamina its not jus punches.. its everything but most of all its the grappling then having to punch kik defend also its ridiculous for a guy on this site to say he beats mma trained guys yea prolly some chumps try it with jui jitsu blue belt see wut happens not black a blue.. see if he wont make u look silly yea i got friends that go and try to train but jus cause they go dont meen there good wrestle a guy with some credentials not some one who goes to classes
                  i can go train boxing for a month that dont meen i can whoop everyones ass. it takes skill and stamina by the way for the guys who talk bout brock well. thats what happns wen ur 300 pounds and a great ncaa wrestler.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
                    But the misconception with Boxing too is people assume a Boxer would win easily in a street fight as to where in actual Martial Arts training you're trained to literally take someone out with no regard to what youy'd use as a weapon (i.e kicks, knees, elbows, fists, etc). There aren't any rules.

Now that's not to say EVERY guy who's a martial artists will beat a Boxer, but when you gotta worry about getting kicked in the leg or taken down on top of being thrown punches, it's tough for me to see how a Boxer who only trains on how to defend punches being able to sprawl, get out of a choke hold, etc by someone who knows his craft heavily.
                    hoenstly, kicking can be pretty detrimental in a real street fight. bare knuckles cause a world of pain, and cause way more gashes because of the exposed knuckle. kicks leave you open, and you dont want to get hit by a bare knuckle.

the ground game is somethign different. taking someoen down can hurt both the guys if youre on concrete. Ive seen people knock themselves out(in mma fights) trying to slam other guys, and that coudl get you killed on concrete. so yea, that definately matters.

for the most part, boxing alone is better against multiple people than mma fighting, since punching is the quickest way to cause damage. you dont want to take someone down when he has 2 other guys to kick you in the head. kicking takes too much time, and leaves you off balance. especially dangerous against multiple people.

boxing is most dependent on footwork, changing angles, and quick clean damage in a short time. that would be the most beneficial against multiple people, imo. and thats supported from what Ive seen.

although every point is moot, since the best way to win a street fight is to run away.

Comment

I think Silva's Waaaay to slow for RJJ, Roy would be able to block whatever he threw or dodge it. Silva would also get tagged quite easily, he's not a good boxer AT ALL. Forrest has probably some of the worst boxing I've ever seen lunging in like that not even covering up or having his feet set. It's going to be a shock to Silva when he finds out the difference in skill level of boxing and MMA should he fight RJJ. He's also going to have to put a lot of power in his punches because you can't KO someone with those little shots like he dropped Forrest with at the end. Wlad Klitschko could KO Forrest with just jabs LOL.

Should RJJ get past Lacy I'd say go for it

1. Lacy is a better boxer than Silva even though he's not good at all, in fact Lacy's boxing skills are better than maybe everybody's in MMA (he is a boxer of course)

2. Lacy has a **** load more punching power than most MMA fighters including the ones in the higher weight classes if RJJ can win the fight by at least a UD and show that he can still get away from those power punches he's going to take Silva to school easily.

Comment

Working...
                      X