No announcement yet.

Brian Minto vs. Donnell Holmes Aug 14

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tymann23 View Post
    what did you think?...was it closer than that?
    I thought Holmes clearly won the 4th, and Minto won the 1st and 3rd. The 2nd round was close.

I think 39-37 was an okay score, but the 40-36 scores were too wide.

They both said they are willing to have a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingPromoter View Post
      Damn, that's a melodramatic way to end a fight. How good did Minto look? Could he beat any hws in the top 10? top 20?...
      He looked okay, he's more technical now after working with Roach. He landed a lot, but he wasn't hurting Holmes very much, who seems very durable.

Minto might do okay against heavyweights from #11 to #20, but not against the top 10.

He's a bit small for the division like several others, but he doesn't move his head and slip punches nearly as well as Chambers or punch as hard as Boytsov.
      Last edited by The Hammer; 08-14-2009, 09:29 PM.

Comment

The Holmes camp is appealing the decision.

They say they didn't see any head butt, and they want the Pennsylvania commission to study the tapes of the fight.

Comment

Minto by early knockout

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
            He looked okay, he's more technical now after working with Roach. He landed a lot, but he wasn't hurting Holmes very much, who seems very durable.

Minto might do okay against heavyweights from #11 to #20, but not against the top 10.

He's a bit small for the division like several others, but he doesn't move his head and slip punches nearly as well as Chambers or punch as hard as Boytsov.
            i agree but minto was far better than holmes.

Comment

Working...
            X