Collapse
No announcement yet.

could pac ever fight at middle weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope this enlightens u,Pacman doesn't even want to fight a healthy legite welterweight,their talking catchweights for him!!True story,does that help??

Comment

Originally posted by rommel357 View Post
      I'm a huge PAC fan, but let's be real. He's already pushing his limits with Welterweight.
      co-signed!

Comment

LMAO Hell NO

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          Well, it is funny that this thread comes up. The thing that made the past greats truly great, the ones that moved up so far in weight anyway, is that they fought opponents that were many inches taller, had a much longer reach, outweighed them by significant amounts and were also usually much younger and in their prime while the 'smaller man' moving up was often much older and at the typical age of being well past it.

The thing is, Pav fighting a middleweight is what the ATG's would have achieved in terms of height, reach, size difference. Pac is no smaller than the opponents he faces at the highest weight he's been at. He was so much bigger than everyone he fought at the lower weights it's no wonder he kept winning. He's now fighting people that are close to his own size. By the time the similarly thought of ATG's were at his age and status many of them were fighting opponents that were so much bigger it is laughable what Pac now faces in comparison. We think Cotto is a huge challenge? Imagine Cotto if he was five inches taller, with a eight to ten inch reach advantage, and now imagine if Pac were in his late thirties and Cotto was still in his prime late twenties.... That is what they beat. There is a difference.

This though is not the case with Pac at all. This is also the biggest reason why he is hugely overrated in terms of ATG status. He is a great fighter, don't get me wrong, an ATG, but he is not worthy of where many people now put him. What separates him from the greats is that he is often fighting people that are either much older, or absolutely no bigger at all than him. Diaz was no bigger, Hatton wasn't bigger, even Cotto won't be bigger and yet this is meant to be a small man fighting against much bigger men? If we're talking about what the older ATG's did, they would fight the champion in their prime, whilst they were well past it mind you, who may be up to 4, 5, 6 inches taller, with even more reach as well as being stronger, fitter and having youth on their side.... That is what made them truly great.

Whereas I just don't see that same type of challenge. They were considered great because no one gave them even the slightest sliver of a hope in hell of winning even a round... yet they would win the whole fight.... Pac is favoured in all of his fights still, because he is not smaller, he is not old, he is not considered shot, but most of the fighters he fights have serious question marks against them.....

It's a difficult one to figure out. He's up there for me but doesn't reach that true ATG stratosphere of the legends.
          And you discredit Pacs wins in the lower weights again as always Benny.

And you think Delahoya, Hatton and Cotto are people close to Pac's size? WTF are you blind?

Comment

yeah Pac would beat chad dawson, paul williams, pavlik, abraham, kessler, ...........yes that is sarcasm.

im not even sure if Pac would beat Bradley.

Comment

Comment

Lol, no. Big Pac fan, but I doubt Pac can even consistently compete at welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by british_fan View Post
                  let me get this straight
                  you are saying pacquioa could beat pavlik?
                  say it for me please,so i can put it in my sig haha
                  me first!! LOL nuthugging in it purest form!!:*******:

Comment

I see pacquiao beating cotto and berto in ww but i dont see manny fighting in jr middle and middle

Comment

You know cotto will come in weighing as much as a middle weight so why the shock at my question......

I think there are loadsa middle weights who he can beat up on.........not the elites but Pavlik is so one dimensional ....why not

Comment

Working...
                      X