No announcement yet.

Why arent there any good Chicano Heavy Weights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
    other then de la hoya.. all those you named are mexicans and not chicanos.
    there will always be a great mexican fighter around the corner.. a chicano one is just as hard to find as a black american fighter now a days.
    What's the difference? I thought Chicanos were Mexicans with Indian blood. Vargas looks pretty Indian or Aztec should I say. De La Hoya doesn't really.

Comment

other then de la hoya.. all those you named are mexicans and not chicanos.
      there will always be a great mexican fighter around the corner.. a chicano one is just as hard to find as a black american fighter now a days.
      Are you saying it hard to find top black Americans these days

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
        What's the difference? I thought Chicanos were Mexicans with Indian blood. Vargas looks pretty Indian or Aztec should I say. De La Hoya doesn't really.
        a chicano is a mexican born in the united states.

Comment

Originally posted by Manny Duckman View Post
          Are you saying it hard to find top black Americans these days
          sure is...

Comment

Originally posted by Miklo Velka View Post
            This aint a racist thread, im Chicano myself and its weird to see the chicanos dominateing the other weight classes but there is like none in the heavy weight division
            I only know a few very large Chicanos, even Chris Arreola said damn, I am Mexican, I never thought I would be this big, 6' 4 and weighing 423 pounds

You are Chicano but you don't know any Chicanos? Where do you live in Africa?

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              the same reason asians aren't dominating the heavyweight division.

Chicano's typically aren't big like heavyweights, and if they are, they look like Chris Arreola.
              not neccesarily true.. I know a lot of big ass mexicans. dudes who are in shape too.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyChaos View Post
                I only know a few very large Chicanos, even Chris Arreola said damn, I am Mexican, I never thought I would be this big, 6' 4 and weighing 423 pounds

You are Chicano but you don't know any Chicanos? Where do you live in Africa?
                when is the last time a chicano held the heavy weight title? and i live in east los, vatos locos FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
                  Mexicans are born in Mexico, Chicanos are born in the USA.

Comment

sure is...
                    Chambers at HW
                    Cunningham at CW
                    Dawson Hopkins Cloud at LW
                    Ward Dirrel at SMW
                    Williams MW or WW
                    Mosley Mayweather Berto at WW
                    Bradley Alexander at Jr WW

Yep Black Americans are not dong well at all

Comment

Originally posted by Miklo Velka View Post
                      when is the last time a chicano held the heavy weight title? and i live in east los, vatos locos FOREVER
                      NEVER!
                      Chris is trying to be the first.

I will be rooting for him but he has to believe in himself first.

Comment

Working...
                      X