Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins @175lbs, i've just realised, what a load of crap!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lighterlife11 View Post
    He's currently ranked No.1 light-heavyweight, his light-heavyweight career consists of:
    (coming off the back of two straight middleweight defeats to Jermain Taylor)

Antonio Tarver - (who is crap anyway) having to drop 40lbs from a stupid Rocky movie.

Winky Wright - a 160lb fighter

Joe Calzaghe - a 168lb fighter, and Bernard lost!

Kelly Pavlik - a 160lb fighter

HOW CAN HE BE NO.1 LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT WITH THESE CREDENTIALS?!!!?

As much as Chad Dawson is a poor fighter, he deserves the recognition as No.1
    OK, What had Dawson done besides lose to Johnson and get a gift and look like crap beating the so called bum Tarver 3 years after Hopkins destroyed him? And how does it take you three years to realize any of this?

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
      No one really can go to Hopkin's body. They all try, but it doesn't work.

Adamek would have no luck going to the body.
      He hasn't fought any body punchers in quite awhile. I wouldn't say you can't get to his body. Who tried banging him up to the body? Last time I remember was jermain a little and bhop was slow mid late fight.

Comment

Originally posted by VipersThunder View Post
        OK, What had Dawson done besides lose to Johnson and get a gift and look like crap beating the so called bum Tarver 3 years after Hopkins destroyed him? And how does it take you three years to realize any of this?
        Well obviously on a ******ed sense from yourself, it took me 3yrs to realise this because 3yrs ago none of this had happened

Comment

Originally posted by lighterlife11 View Post
          Well obviously on a ******ed sense from yourself, it took me 3yrs to realise this because 3yrs ago none of this had happened
          but a year ago it did.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            He hasn't fought any body punchers in quite awhile. I wouldn't say you can't get to his body. Who tried banging him up to the body? Last time I remember was jermain a little and bhop was slow mid late fight.
            huh? In both fights hopkins picked up the pace mid to late, he finished strong (especially the first fight).

Comment

Originally posted by Swoosh View Post
              BHop has promoted himself VERY well after his fight with Tito. Other fighters need to step back and recognize that this guy has made a name for himself out of the ring just as he has in it. Bernard deserves his accolades, though. He was cast aside for years and years because he didn't want to play the game. He finally got his and he deserves it.
              He didn't wanna play the game?? I highly doubt that! He was cast aside because he is no Roy Jones. And nobody liked his mouth. And the street image.

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
                He didn't wanna play the game?? I highly doubt that! He was cast aside because he is no Roy Jones. And nobody liked his mouth. And the street image.
                Um, no. He was cast aside because he wouldn't allow promoters to take advantage of him, because he stood up for boxers rights when no one else would, etc. He made a lot of enemies in the sport by doing so, which resulting in him having to fight a lot of lesser known guys for so many years. This is well known **** about nard.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  huh? In both fights hopkins picked up the pace mid to late, he finished strong (especially the first fight).
                  I must remember second fight wrong, I thought he slowed down badly and was one punching- no combos

Comment

Working...
                  X