Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Junior Witter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Witter is old and shot, I for one don't think that Alexander is as good as he looked yesterday.

Comment

there is no doubt witter is past it but the fight was very close. i had alexander up by a round. alexander is a sold fighter but i wouldn't doubt the injury at all.

Comment

The real reason is this: junior Witter was never very good to begin with and based his career on shooting of his mouth and fighting nobodies, in his entire career he faced 4 world level fighters and lost to three of them.

Comment

Time did.

Comment

Originally posted by badnewsbrown View Post
            there is no doubt witter is past it but the fight was very close. i had alexander up by a round. alexander is a sold fighter but i wouldn't doubt the injury at all.
            Agreed.I had Alexander up 77-75 but it was a very messy affair,hard to score except the rounds Alexander landed the monster blows and worked the jab.Witter is very awkward.
            Don't think Alexander will be really good but this is a good wiun for him and he can build on it.

Comment

This just makes me think even more - why did Hatton ever duck this guy? He would've mauled him out of there worse than Tszyu.

Except everyone would've loved it and never complained.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                This just makes me think even more - why did Hatton ever duck this guy? He would've mauled him out of there worse than Tszyu.

Except everyone would've loved it and never complained.
                in his prime witter was way more dangerous and elusive than he is now. IDK what is wrong with him, he can't fight 12 full rounds anymore, and it seems his corner is incapable of telling him what is and what isn't working. He should take one last run at the title, Replace everyone in his corner and if that don't work, then retire.

Comment

I just can't believe judges gave alexander every round, i knew from the get go witter had to knock the guy out to win cuz he sure as hell won't winnin a decision

Comment

he wasn't on game, he's too old. alexander had too much for him, i had alexander 3 rounds ahead and imo it was a matter of time before witter go knocked-down / KO'd.. He probably did hurt his elbow but he should have carried on. Oh well at least it was a pretty decent pay day for him. No way he's gonna get a fight with Khan now! Witter should retire.

Comment

I've never been a big fan of Witter to be honest. I just do not enjoy his style at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X