Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*New* (July 1st 2009) ESPN The Magazine Floyd Mayweather Interview With Brian Kenny

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *New* (July 1st 2009) ESPN The Magazine Floyd Mayweather Interview With Brian Kenny

Looks like ESPN like the fact that Brian Kenny's Interview with Floyd generated so much interest online that they allow Brian to Interview Floyd for ESPN the magazine.

BK: "Hey Floyd how's it going?"

FM: "I'm doing great."

BK: "Floyd the last time we spoke, you were coming off of a rib injury and started training again. Has anything changed since our last conversation?"

FM: "Well, I'm just taking it one day at a time. It was a freak accident, but I'll be ready come September 19."

BK: "Have you actually started sparring yet?"

FM: "Trainings going good. I'm taking it slow, but will start picking things up."

BK: "It's great to here you are getting back into form, but Floyd lets get down to business. You said you were looking to put on a great performance and I asked you what you meant by 'a great performance,' you really derailed the question. Is a great performance a knockout stoppage or is it a dominating 12 round decision?"

FM: "I will be fully ready come September 19th. We know this guy Marquez has a whole country behind him. I will reclaim my number one pound-for-pound spot."

BK: "Floyd you didn't answer my question..."

FM: [cuts in] I just did.

BK: "No, you didn't. I said what do you mean by 'a great performance.' I asked you to specify your definition of that phrase."

FM: "Like I said Marquez is a hell of a fighter and I'm not looking past him. I will be ready to put on a great performance for my fans on September 19th."

BK: "Alright Floyd, what do you think about Cotto Vs. Pacquiao? Who takes it?

FM: "....Well...you know Bob Arum is just trying to keep all the money for himself. Not me, I make 100% of my money. I'm the cash cow. No fighter has grossed the amount of money I made in my last two fights."

BK: "So Floyd, who do you got Cotto or Pacquiao?"

FM: " Leonard Ellerbe and Schaefer has done a terrific job. Tune in September 19th for a great showing by me."

BK: "Alright Floyd, moving on..."

FM: [cuts in] Look out for the best Floyd Mayweather on September 19."

BK: "What do you think about the weight issue of 145lb in the Pacquiao Vs. Cotto? Do you think it will play a significant factor?"

FM: "Weights not an issue for me, I walk around at 147lb."

BK: "I'm asking about the Cotto Pacquiao fight."

FM: "Well, I can't look past Marquez, he beat Pacquiao two times. Marquez has a whole country behind him."

BK: "Okay Floyd, there are talks about Shane Mosley fighting Andre Berto or Kermit Cintron. But there are talks that Cotto Pacquiao fight not being a certainty due to the weight and title issues. If Pacquiao and Mosley were to fight, who do you think would come out the victor?"

FM: "Mosley? The guy with 5 losses? He doesn't do Pay-Per-View numbers. I'm the cash cow. Mosley has never been in the 'A' side of things. His last fight was on regular HBO."

BK: "So, you are picking Pacquiao over Mosley?"

FM: "Pacquiao? The same guy that Eric Morales box the **** out of?"

BK: "Floyd, that was long time ago and even you have to admit he's last two fights were impressive?"

FM: "Have I ever lost?"

BK: "No, Floyd..."

FM: [cuts in] Have I ever been knocked out?

BK: "No, you haven't Floyd..."

FM: [cuts in] "He's been knocked out two times."

BK: "That was years ago Floyd..."

FM: "After September 19th, I will remain undefeated and reclaim my number one spot."

BK: "Floyd, lets go off the subject for a second. What did you think about the death of Arturo Gatti?"

FM: "People never want to give me credit. Nothings never good enough."

BK: "...."

FM: "People are saying his wife killed him, but I whooped his ass years ago. I softened him up. They never want to give me credit. He was damaged goods before he got to her."

BK: "You are taking credit for Gatti's death?"

FM: "Once I beat a fighter, they are mentally and physically ruined."

BK: "So, you are saying..."

FM: [cuts in] "What the people don't know is she had a purse strap. I wore 10 oz winning gloves. People don't know what goes on behind the scenes."

BK: "Floyd, you got full credit for the Gatti fight."

FM: "NO! They never give me credit. When I beat Gatti, they said he was washed up and damaged goods, but when his wife kills him, they want to give her full credit."

BK: "But Floyd..."

FM: [cuts in] "When I beat Corrales, they said he was sick for a week leading up to the fight. When he died in a motorcycle, they started talking about how dangerous riding motorcycles are. They never talk about me being dangerous."

BK: "Okay Floyd if you are to get by Marquez, who's next? Shane Mosley? Winner of Cotto/Pacquiao?"

FM: "Vernon Forest. He has earn the right to fight me"

BK: "Vernon Forest? But Floyd..."

FM: [cuts in] "Nothings never good enough. I fight Zab, people say I should fight the real welterweight champion. So I fight Baldomir, then people say I should fight Margarito. If I take one fight, they say I'm going after the money. If I take the other fight, then they say I'm not making the bigger fight. So, which one is it?

BK: "Floyd, after Marquez, if Pacquiao is to get by Cotto, what other bigger fight is out there? What can generate more interest and money than a Pacquiao fight?"

FM: "Brian Kenny, learn about the sport. Learn about the sport. You are a jack of many trades, but a master of none."

BK: [laughs] Okay Floyd, it was a pleasure talking to you as always."

FM: "Tune in September 12th to see the best Floyd Mayweather. Marquez will have a whole country behind him. It will be USA Vs. Mexico. I will take back my number one spot."
    Last edited by SquareCircleKid; 08-01-2009, 12:08 AM.

lol cant wait 4 the video!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh bastarddddd

u got me

Comment

Originally posted by supRa View Post
        lol cant wait 4 the video!!!!!!!!!!!!!

read first dude

Comment

FM: "People are saying his wife killed him, but I whooped his ass years ago. I softened him up. They never want to give me credit. He was damaged goods before he got to her."
          FM: "NO! They never give me credit. When I beat Gatti, they said he was washed up and damaged goods, but when his wife kills him, they want to give her full credit."
          WTF? Ouch...TS!

Comment

****ed up.. and funny. Combination of fun.

Comment

Bull****...

Comment

Disrepect to the dead.

Comment

I'd like to see a source being that the date is wrong...and in another interview he praised Gatti and sed he had the biggest heart of all of his opponents

Comment

Haha wow....

Comment

Working...
                    X