Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Valuev walk through Hayes money punches?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkstar777 View Post
    Anyone who hasn't seen David Haye fight, or want to know his potential, this is a good analysis on David overrated crappy Haye.
    Let's not forget that Haye's low hands will get even lower once he tires.

Comment

Valuev was hurt by sloppy John Ruiz last year, so why not by Haye who punches twice as hard?? I doubt Haye can really knock him out, but stop him on his feet yes.

Comment

Originally posted by darkstar777 View Post
        Anyone who hasn't seen David Haye fight, or want to know his potential, this is a good analysis on David overrated crappy Haye.

That was not an unbiased view, he concentrates on everything Haye does wrong and nothing that he does right.

A lot of what he says is true but the fact he wants to highlight nothing he does right or well proves he has an agenda imo.

Whats with using the Fragomeni fight to compare? Wlad is nothing like Fragomeni, he is not going to pressure Haye like Fragomeni did so WTF.

Also someone needs to inform that guy that power usually is nullified when you put somone on their heels, its not a flaw of Haye's its what happens when your weight is not on your front foot.

Haye might be the biggest glass jawwed hype job going but that interview was anything but unbiased.

Comment

Nobody can take that amount of hard punches unless you have a chin that rivals the likes of James Toney. I don't think Valuev can take them for the whole fight.

Comment

haye wont knock him out by a single shot. but to say valuev will walk thru them is just ignorant. if valuev gets hit clean hes gon get a bit stung, not hurt but hes gon feel it. if he takes enough of em he will get stopped, on is feet but still.

no matter how big u are if u get hit clean by a puncher u will feel it, take enough and u will be put down.

also whats up with ppl assuming valuev has some great chin cuz of his size? look at tye fields-monte barrett. valuev with his size should hit hard, but he doesnt. hes like malignaggi but since hes so much bigger his power is decent. his chin might be the same way, hes bigger, but if he has the chin of amir khan a smaller guy with a big punch can hurt him.

Comment

If Haye can hit him properly enough Valuev will go down.

Comment

Dave Haye's speed and power will KO the beast from the east.

Comment

No man can withstand the power and the speed of the hayemaker.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    haye wont knock him out by a single shot. but to say valuev will walk thru them is just ignorant. if valuev gets hit clean hes gon get a bit stung, not hurt but hes gon feel it. if he takes enough of em he will get stopped, on is feet but still.

no matter how big u are if u get hit clean by a puncher u will feel it, take enough and u will be put down.

also whats up with ppl assuming valuev has some great chin cuz of his size? look at tye fields-monte barrett. valuev with his size should hit hard, but he doesnt. hes like malignaggi but since hes so much bigger his power is decent. his chin might be the same way, hes bigger, but if he has the chin of amir khan a smaller guy with a big punch can hurt him.
                    there was an article i read not so long about fighters and their punch resistance anyway it argued, and made a pretty good job of it too that fighters did well when they put on weight and that it helped their punch resistance i.e. foreman did look alot stronger and sturdier later in his career, kahn too looks more able to take a shot at LWW than at LW.

i do think his size and sheer bulk helps him withstand some shots but sooner or later i think the cumulative effects of the punches will take effect and he will be stopped on his feet.

i also think that its misleading to say valuev is going to walk through haye, valuev doesn't walk through anyone thats just not his style. valuev will stay in the centre of the ring and will allow haye to get max leverage off his front foot and generate max power.

i see haye taking him out late in the fight, i think valuev will pose some problems early on but hayes will step up the work in the second half the fight and will take over. if ruiz and barrett can buzz valuev haye can KO him.

btw that vid is pretty biased and overly negative.

Comment

Working...
                    X