No announcement yet.

Breaking News! Cotto's strap up for grabs by Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JM1 View Post
    why? and you didnt answer my question. what division is 145?
    145 is within the welterweight weight but that's not the limit.Dont forget Cotto will be fined a $m for every pound he is overweight.Once the title comes in question such stipulations would have to go or Cotto would be rewarded more for agreeing to put the titl at such a weight.

Comment

like i said, team pac says its a title fight, arum says its a title fight, cotto's lawyer says they wont put the belt on the line. so how sure are you that the fight will be a non-title bout according to the contract? were you able to read the contract? and im still waiting for your answer, what division is 145?
      Why do you think Arum is trying to negotiate with the sanctioning body if the title was in the contract.If the title is in the contract Arum doesnt need to be running around does he?

Team Pacquiao are spin doctors,I would rather trust Josef Geobels than anything that comes from Manny Pacquiao.You know howthey manipulate the press and how they negotiate
      Last edited by Bobby Shaw; 07-25-2009, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chiyoko View Post
        145 is within the welterweight weight but that's not the limit.Dont forget Cotto will be fined a $m for every pound he is overweight.Once the title comes in question such stipulations would have to go or Cotto would be rewarded more for agreeing to put the titl at such a weight.
        so 145 is in the welterweight limit then? 147 is the "max" limit and having welterweight fights at 147 is not mandatory. next question, what belt does miguel cotto have?

Comment

Why do you think Arum is trying to negotiate with the sanctioning body if the title was in the contract
          who told you arum is negotiating with the sanctioning body? the wbo is asking miguel to pay the fees or else the belt will be stripped. again youre not answering the question, how sure are you that on the contract, it will be a non-title fight? did you read their contract?
          Last edited by JM1; 07-25-2009, 12:27 PM.

Comment

who told you arum is negotiating with the sanctioning body? the wbo is asking miguel to pay the fees or else the belt will be stripped. again youre not answering the question, how sure are you that on the contract, it will be a non-title fight? did you read their contract?
            Man you are not answering the qustion,if the title is in the contract no one has to be running around.Cotto is the title holder an he says the fight is not a title fight so how do you know the title is in the contract?

Once more do you understand risk return concepts and consideration?
            Last edited by Bobby Shaw; 07-25-2009, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Man you are not answering the qustion,if the title is in the contract no one has to be running around.Cotto is the title holder an he says the fight is not a title fight so how do you know the title is in the contract?

Once more do you understand risk return concepts and consideration?
              read my post bro. again, arum is not negotiating with the wbo, its the wbo saying that miguel must pay the fees or else he will get stripped of the title. now my question to you is, how sure are you that the contract says it will be a non-title fight? team pac says its a title fight, arum says its a title fight, cotto's lawyer says it not. so which one is it? were you able to read the contract? cause you seem so confident about what youre saying

Comment

read my post bro. again, arum is not negotiating with the wbo, its the wbo saying that miguel must pay the fees or else he will get stripped of the title. now my question to you is, how sure are you that the contract says it will be a non-title fight? team pac says its a title fight, arum says its a title fight, cotto's lawyer says it not. so which one is it? were you able to read the contract? cause you seem so confident about what youre saying
                I havent seen the contract and neither have you.We both are going with press reports about what Arum and Cotto are saying and judging by their actions.What I am saying is a result of looking at the statements and I'm just looking at things from a rational and legal perspective.

If you understand motivation you will know why Cotto is acting the way he is and why he will not pay the fees and why if Arum does not pay Cotto there wont be a belt on the line.Use the equity theory man,or expecancy theory at the least and things will be as clear as mud.

Cotto will not pay the sanctioning fees because he says the belt is not on the line.Paying the sanctioning fees will mean he will be putting the belt on the line.Cotto has no problem putting it on the line but for him to do that he has to be rewarded for it and he would need to change things like weight around.Cotto is not ****** to claim the belt is not on the line when he knows he signed for it.If that was the case Arum would just enforce the contract through the court of law.

What you are overlooking is Arum and Manny want to short change Cotto.Man just use your common sense,you should see that Manny and Arum have everything to gain here.

I am just looking at things from Cotto's perspective and explaining why Cotto would act the way he is acting.As for the WBO they are really powerless in this matter.They want the fees and naturally they will try to make the title fight happening they have money to gain .This is why they say boxing is a cruel sport,everyone is out to take advantage of you like what Arum is trying to do and what Vitali Klischko wanted to do with Haye.

Comment

still garbage. try again
                  as garbage as fanny manny trying to dehydrate fighters that he calls "easy work"

they're so easy that he's terrified of fighting them at their peak. what an ATG

Comment

what division is 145?
                    145 is a welterweight fight when the contract allows fighters to go up to 147

i'm sorry, but a 147 limit is welterweight, 145 limit is a catchweight

maybe you think that 140.000000000000001 should be a WW championship fight with the belt on the line too

Comment

• Originally posted by JM1 View Post
                      so asking what division is 145 is ****** now?

ok let me make it easier, what division is 145? jr welterweight or welterweight?
                      145 isn't a division, it's of the 147 limit division

if 145 is the limit, it isn't JWW nor WW, it's a CATCH WEIGHT

is it so hard for you to understand???

Comment

Working...
                      X