Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking News! Cotto's strap up for grabs by Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manny should give up the extra few pounds and not rob his legacy with this catchweight B/S.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
      That makes this fight less of a circus act. But even so, it shows how these sactioning bodies make up their own rules as they go along. We don't need more weight classes than we've already got.
      who told you were having a new weight class? 145 is welterweight bro

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
        Manny should give up the extra few pounds and not rob his legacy with this catchweight B/S.
        contract is for 145 so having the fight at 147 should be out of the picture now

Comment

Originally posted by JM1 View Post
          Yer I know but to me it's a disgrace having a catchweight title fight. These weights have been around for over a hundred years (?), Cotto and Pacquaio are not bigger than boxing's heritage and history. This also makes the WBO look like an even bigger joke as well.

Comment

just like belt is out of question

Comment

Originally posted by chiyoko View Post
              just like belt is out of question
              why? and you didnt answer my question. what division is 145?

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
                Yer I know but to me it's a disgrace having a catchweight title fight. These weights have been around for over a hundred years (?), Cotto and Pacquaio are not bigger than boxing's heritage and history. This also makes the WBO look like an even bigger joke as well.
                noone said that pac and cotto are bigger than boxings history and heritage. catchweight fights is nothing new. jcc vs camacho as at 145, dela hoya vs hopkins was also fought in a catchweight for a unification bout.

Comment

thats the wbo president itself bro. so expect nothing less
                  you got to read between the lines, it clearly says:
                  "pac will pay for the title , it could be for $ or the fight to take place @ 147lb

Comment

why were you able to say that cotto call the shots here? arum says its a title fight, team pac says its a title fight, the wbo says it will be a title fight then cotto's lawyer says its not. so which one is it? and theres no need to change the purse cause cotto is already getting $15m for this fight and paying the sanctioning fees will only cost him about $300k. question for you, what division is 145?
                    Cotto calls the shots coz he's the champion.When Cotto signed for the fight the title was not being contested.If Arum and Manny wanted the fight to be a title fight it would have been stipulated in the contract.The belt would then change the consideration due to Cotto.Now the fight's been signed and Arum is ******ed if he thinks he can just call it a title shot when it wasnt.

In business ,reward and risk go hand in hand.Same thing with financing businesses,this is why some debt sometimes becomes equity and vice versa,it's because of things like this one.Cotto is a very intelligent guy and I hope he has a good team.The belt will cost Arum a few more millions of $.It doesnt matter what the WBO says now,they cant just rank Manny overnight and make him a manadatory after Cotto has signed for the fight.Cotto can take this to court and win.The best thing is Manny cant pull out of the fight now because it's signed.

Comment

Originally posted by chiyoko View Post
                      Cotto calls the shots coz he's the champion.When Cotto signed for the fight the title was not being contested.If Arum and Manny wanted the fight to be a title fight it would have been stipulated in the contract.The belt would then change the consideration due to Cotto.Now the fight's been signed and Arum is ******ed if he thinks he can just call it a title shot when it wasnt.

In business ,reward and risk go hand in hand.Same thing with financing businesses,this is why some debt sometimes becomes equity and vice versa,it's because of things like this one.Cotto is a very intelligent guy and I hope he has a good team.The belt will cost Arum a few more millions of $.It doesnt matter what the WBO says now,they cant just rank Manny overnight and make him a manadatory after Cotto has signed for the fight.Cotto can take this to court and win.The best thing is Manny cant pull out of the fight now because it's signed.
                      like i said, team pac says its a title fight, arum says its a title fight, cotto's lawyer says they wont put the belt on the line. so how sure are you that the fight will be a non-title bout according to the contract? were you able to read the contract? and im still waiting for your answer, what division is 145?

Comment

Working...
                      X