No announcement yet.

I'm turning over to the dark side...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    Then I address Paul Williams. If Floyd beat Oscar by SPLIT DECISION, when Oscar is obviously not in his prime. How is Floyd going to beat a man who made Winky look poor; is 6'3", has Ali-like reach; has speed, power, footwork, and throws 1200+ punches in a 12 round fight on average?

I am a Mayweather fan too.... but Paul Williams style negates Mayweather's. Just too many factors that makes Mayweather lose. Pretty much Mayweather only has timing over Williams. Then again, that gets thrown out the window when he hits you while standing 3 feet away.
    I love Williams just as much as anyone else, but damn that guy can get sloppy. Whilst he'd be busy throwing his 100+ punches per round, Floyd would be hitting him with 3 or 4 in between each gangly lunge and sprinting sideways in preparation for his next attack.

What I'm seeing here has to be the best fighter of the decade. This guy's too good for words. I feel ashamed for ignoring it for so long...

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
      Williams can be outboxed. I'm in agreement that he's the toughest realistic fight out there for Mayweather for a few reasons, but I still would bet on Floyd
      Lol, experience/learning curve. Go watch the second fight... tell me what happens.

but I'm telling you guys. Williams would beat Mayweather because the judges will look at Williams' 1200 punch output, compare it to Mayweathers 600 punch out put. And it's a wrap. Williams will win on the workrate decision. Trust me.
      Last edited by F l i c k e r; 07-23-2009, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Lol, experience/learning curve. Go watch the second fight... tell me what happens.
        i wish it'd gone beyond one round so we coulda got a better look at williams

you also gotta take into consideration the gap in quality between floyd mayweather jr. and quintana

Comment

I got all floyds fights myself and to be honest i say to myself i'll save them for a rainy day then when it rains i say to myself maybe i'll save them till it snows...

hehe

Nah on a real theres some classic fights i like watching of floyds ie Gatti (rip) Judah and Hatton...

Comment

but I'm telling you guys. Williams would beat Mayweather because the judges will look at Williams' 1200 punch output, compare it to Mayweathers 600 punch out put. And it's a wrap. Williams will win on the workrate decision. Trust me.
            Mayweather vs. ndou, sosa, gatti etc... means nothing though, when going up against JMM.

On top of that floyd hasn't fought in 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
              i wish it'd gone beyond one round so we coulda got a better look at williams

you also gotta take into consideration the gap in quality between floyd mayweather jr. and quintana
              lol, I took into consideration about Mayweather's ability. Before I used to think Mayweather would beat Williams. I actually made a post that said Williams wouldn't even have a chance but I saw the light. Williams just wont be beat by Mayweather. If he did, it would be a robbery. Williams-Mayweather would be a fight where we would see Myaweather take punishment unlike any other fight ever in his career.

Comment

I prefer to watch my Pacman box set....
                Mosley's last couple of fights get heavy rotation on the old dvd playa to...

Comment

Originally posted by JACK D. RIPPER View Post
                  floyd hasn't fought in 2 years.
                  Definitely not something to be ignored. But then, Marquez is close to being an old man and once again he's in a new division with new power to contend with.

I had him losing all but one round to Diaz, too. :conf2:

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                    Definitely not something to be ignored. But then, Marquez is close to being an old man and once again he's in a new division with new power to contend with.

I had him losing all but one round to Diaz, too.
                    :conf2:
                    When I become his age, if I can be like him, I'll consider myself a success.

That is a bad ass old man.

As for the bold...you've really lost it Pitty...

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                      ... I'm convinced that Floyd Mayweather, Jr. would make Pacquiao, Cotto, Shugs, Clottey and Williams his bitches. Speed kills. Consider me officially a fan of his in-ring work. The more fights I watch of his, the more my eyes go :shk1:.

Poor Marquez. Sorry guys.
                      Thing is, I think Pacquiao can match Mayweather's speed...but can Pacquiao make his accuracy overcome Mayweather's defense? I think Pacquiao has more power than Mayweather, but Mayweather's defense is much better than Pacquiao's defense.

Comment

Working...
                      X