Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will you be rooting for: Haye or Vitali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
    Gurov was 6'5" but was very fragile, having previously been KOed by three journeymen: Dunstan KO 1, Aouissi KO 3 and Miller KO 2.

Enzo Mac is about 6'4" but had been KOed by Swaby KO 3 (Swaby 's record was 7-9) and has been KOed by Afolabi and Lebedev since the Haye fight.

Mormeck was a naturally smaller man, 3 or 4 inches shorter than Haye at 5'11". He had previously been KOed by O'Neil Bell.

Carl Thompson, who defeated haye, was three inches shoter than Haye at 6'0". He was naturally smaller than Haye, and had fought at light heavyweight. He'd been stopped five times before he fought Haye: Ashley KO 6, Davis KO 2, Zellers KO 4, Nelson KO 5, and Rocchigiani KO 11.
    I didn't bother answering myself because the guy is delusional. Not sure why you bothered.

Comment

I been a David Haye fan since he used to fight on the BBC and he's been my favourite British fighter for a few years now. It's funny all the hate he's been getting for running his mouth. He's just doing that to drum up publicity. He's a proper fan's fighter. His record and performances show that.

Even after the Carl Thompson defeat he said he was just trying to give the fans what they wanted and gassed out. That was the moment he got my respect. The way he came back to unify the division was incredible and it's a shame he hasn't reached the statusof a Hatton or Calzaghe yet because unifying a division is no easy task. For the good of the heavyweight division (all bias aside) a Haye victory would be best for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by THEDOC View Post
        Okay I will enlighten you. Haye will be the fastest fighter Klitschko has faced. As strong and tough as Vitali has looked he's also looked very slow and plodding. His footwork is very poor as is his workrate. If Haye wanted to, though I don't think he will, he's athletic and quick enough to outbox Vitali. Haye is in his prime, he's hungry, he's got masses of self-belief, that is a dangerous combination. Haye also likes facing much taller fighters. I know Vitali hits hard and Haye does not have the best defence, but by the same token, Vitali is there to be hit too, and Haye is quick enough to hit him repeatedly, and I don't think any fighter out there can take his punches repeatedy.
        I'm not entirely convinced that Haye is faster than a 27 yo Herbie Hide, or that he's noticeably better in any way. Vit has slowed down in his old age, so maybe Haye lasts 4 rounds instead of 2.

Still waiting for this list of much taller men that Haye fought. David is 6'3", is he not? And if by some miracle he ever fought someone 6'7" or 8, it would've been at CW, hence some emaciated stick figure.
        Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 07-21-2009, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
          Gurov was 6'5" but was very fragile, having previously been KOed by three journeymen: Dunstan KO 1, Aouissi KO 3 and Miller KO 2.

Enzo Mac is about 6'4" but had been KOed by Swaby KO 3 (Swaby 's record was 7-9) and has been KOed by Afolabi and Lebedev since the Haye fight.

Mormeck was a naturally smaller man, 3 or 4 inches shorter than Haye at 5'11". He had previously been KOed by O'Neil Bell.

Carl Thompson, who defeated haye, was three inches shoter than Haye at 6'0". He was naturally smaller than Haye, and had fought at light heavyweight. He'd been stopped five times before he fought Haye: Ashley KO 6, Davis KO 2, Zellers KO 4, Nelson KO 5, and Rocchigiani KO 11.
          Yes I am aware of all of the above, my fact remains the same irregardless of who KO'd who and when, which is that the smaller guys gave Haye more problems than the taller guys. You can also include Fragomeni to my argument. Haye has said the very thing himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickman View Post
            I didn't bother answering myself because the guy is delusional. Not sure why you bothered.
            No it's because I came up with a counter argument that discounted your response. I suppose it's easier for you to just label me as delusional than accept your argument was flawed.

Comment

Yes I am aware of all of the above, my fact remains the same irregardless of who KO'd who and when, which is that the smaller guys gave Haye more problems than the taller guys. You can also include Fragomeni to my argument. Haye has said the very thing himself.
              Mac doesn't even fight like a tall guy.

Haye has yet to fight a real HW, especially one that fights every inch of his height.

Comment

No it's because I came up with a counter argument that discounted your response. I suppose it's easier for you to just label me as delusional than accept your argument was flawed.
                No, buddy, it's because you addressed my points with arguments that had little or no basis in fact, and I saw no reason to continue a discussion with someone who either doesn't entirely understand the sport, and more specifically, the style of the fighters he's discussing, or is just a fan of the guy and can't see him losing. Debating either with you would be pointless, fruitless, and endless, and I don't like wasting my time like that.

Comment

The reason Mormeck gave Haye more problems despite being smaller is that although he was semi-shot, he was still a good fighter, better than bums like Gurov and Maccarinelli.

Vitali is not only taller at 6'7" than anyone Haye's ever fight, he's also a good fighter with a solid chin. Vitali has never been down in a fight, despite taking Lennox's best punches.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                    Nah. He comes to paw you, tap you, maybe even throw a sloppy right occasionally, and then...

oh ****

... and then, he gets puffed by the 4th round and we have to wait even longer for any so-called "killer instinct". Not impressive.
                    oh com`n, watch Vit's prime fights.. doesnt he has killer instinct? of course he doesnt now, not every1 can box at age 38 at middle divisions, and he does as a HW so it would take Vit max 2 rounds to gas out and then what ? - lose. he still got good power and game plans. thats why he is on top, 2 bad you like him or not, this veteran will beat another 2-3 "next champions"

Comment

Originally posted by Artur Kyshenko View Post
                      oh com`n, watch Vit's prime fights.. doesnt he has killer instinct? of course he doesnt now, not every1 can box at age 38 at middle divisions, and he does as a HW so it would take Vit max 2 rounds to gas out and then what ? - lose. he still got good power and game plans. thats why he is on top, 2 bad you like him or not, this veteran will beat another 2-3 "next champions"
                      That was actually a pretty good post, kid. Green to ya, and that means alot, as I don't hand it out that often.

Comment

Working...
                      X