Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've drawn the conclusion that JMM is REALLY the P4P Number 1.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by elwills View Post
    I never bragged about anything, and I'm not talking about etiquette. Of course it's a boxing forum and we can use whatever kind of language we want. But once you say you're going to point out flaws in an argument, you need to use rules of logical reasoning. Name calling is fallacy. It's too easy to dismiss something as "bull****" and just move on. In this case it has nothing to do with class.

I did, but then you got a hissy fit about it and started throwing out personal attacks.

Originally posted by elwills View Post
    HAHA, this is like having a discussion with a child. You keep going back to lb 4 lb lists when I've been trying to make you understand that I don't need to go by lb 4 lb lists to form my opinion. .
    Here's an example. Frustrated, you feel the need to throw out a personal attack. And your point of this little paragraph, "you dont need P4P lists to form your opinion".

But didnt you want me to use logical reasonsing to disproof your claim??
    "By the same token, I don't put Manny's over JMM's. I'll call it even, as many credible boxing experts would agree is a fair assessment of JMM and Pac at this point".
    You provided no proof of this, other then your assumption, and your OPINION. That would not be using logical reasoning. This next post will show how you have no idea what you're reffering to and again, automatically assume that is the case.

I'm talking about an individual that is knowledgeable about the sport. You want me to cite sources as evidence that a boxing expert would consider my opinion to be reasonable? Why would I waste my time like that? It's a statement that is reasonable at face value. But if it bothers you that much, I'll give you a suggestion. Many boxing writers include their e-mail with the articles they write. Contact them and ask them if it's a fair assessment to think that Pac and JMM are even.
    If I was able to site sources, why couldnt you? because there were none. You want me to email some boxing experts? now that would be waisting my time, and their time. I dont have to dig for proof that boxing experts have Manny over JMM.

You apparently are in the boxing experts heads and claim this is their opinion, when it is not. I understand it's your opinion, but it's no longer your opinion when you tell us how other people think. You can also tell us "in my opinion, the world is flat" when we know it's not true. You got called out on it, and now you're angry. I guess that's how it works, and it was all bull****. I'll move on.

way to go

It has been almost a complete waste of time explaining all of this to you. I did learn something, though. Never try to explain your opinion to a Pacfan. They can't handle the possibility that someone can have an opinion different than theirs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burner, ATG View Post
      Pac just got shipped down to number 3 on my list.

1. JMM
      2. Hopkins
      3. Pacman
      4. Mayweather
      5. Mosley
      6. Cotto
      7. Williams
      8. Linares
      9. Vic The Lobster
      10. JuanMa
      jmm reputation is build on pac's accomplishments.
      he will never be in the same spotlight as the pacman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burner, ATG View Post
        He beat Pac twice..moved up and got two knockouts and now has the balls to face Floyd Mayweather.

Pac lost to JMM twice in the eyes of MANNY and will only fight guys he know hell win at.
        those "manny people" that you referred to are jmm's nuthuggers that can't
        accept the official decision. history will be remembered by records not opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by shogunn View Post
          I did, but then you got a hissy fit about it and started throwing out personal attacks.

Here's an example. Frustrated, you feel the need to throw out a personal attack. And your point of this little paragraph, "you dont need P4P lists to form your opinion".

But didnt you want me to use logical reasonsing to disproof your claim??

You provided no proof of this, other then your assumption, and your OPINION. That would not be using logical reasoning. This next post will show how you have no idea what you're reffering to and again, automatically assume that is the case.

If I was able to site sources, why couldnt you? because there were none. You want me to email some boxing experts? now that would be waisting my time, and their time. I dont have to dig for proof that boxing experts have Manny over JMM.

You apparently are in the boxing experts heads and claim this is their opinion, when it is not. I understand it's your opinion, but it's no longer your opinion when you tell us how other people think. You can also tell us "in my opinion, the world is flat" when we know it's not true. You got called out on it, and now you're angry. I guess that's how it works, and it was all bull****. I'll move on.

way to go
          ...and still no attempt at logical reasoning.

Comment

• Originally posted by elwills View Post
            ...and still no attempt at logical reasoning.
            haha yeah...I provided facts while you provided your opinions as facts.

Comment

• Pac has bigger accomplishment thus making him greater than JMM. But I dont see why people discrediting JMM's resume nor Pac's. I like both fighters so stop being a hater.

Comment

Working...
              X