No announcement yet.

Winky Wright vs. Felix Sturm being discussed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Dawson ducked Kessler. Pwill ducked Dzinziruk.

Deal with it flawless.
    LOL you don't believe that, you're just trying to piss this guy off haha.

But I think Wright dominates Sturm he does everything he does better. He is still an elite fighter despite his age like Mosley. PW was just oo much for him anyone that think Wright doesn't have it anymore is mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Dawson ducked Kessler. Pwill ducked Dzinziruk.

Deal with it flawless.
      Is that the best you got???

Dawson was first to offer Kessler a fight at 175 and was ducked like no tomorrow.

Williams-Dzinziruk are in negotiations now.

Someone is quite desperate

Comment

Originally posted by Nubian King View Post
        Is that the best you got???

Dawson was first to offer Kessler a fight at 175 and was ducked like no tomorrow.

Williams-Dzinziruk are in negotiations now.

Someone is quite desperate
        Lol at your pathetic response. Dawson put his tail between his legs because of a measly 3 lbs. And now he wants to move down 7 lbs. He ducked allright.

Pwill will price himself out. I doubt if he has the guts to face Sergei. If not for a lucky punch against Quintana he would have had 2 losses already. He's a KO waiting to happen.

Comment

OHHHHH yeah,can u say Wright as middleweight champ!!Winky beats Sturm,or anyother 160 pound champ,that's how it is!!The Punisher will be seen with respect soon enough,soon as Winky gives Sturm the buisness,can't wait!!I guarantee everyone hating on the Punisher has a fave fighter between 147-160 and just can't stand that their man don't want none!!

Comment

Originally posted by egreezy View Post
            Winky Wright made a name for himself early in his career fighting in Europe, where he has had 18 bouts. He might be back soon.

Golden Boy Promotions, Wright’s promoter, is in negotiations with the handlers of veteran Felix Sturm for a fight late this year or early next year in Germany.

Sturm retained his WBA middleweight belt by narrowly outpointing Khoren Gevor on Saturday. Wright is coming off a one-sided loss to Paul Williams in April after a 21-month hiatus from boxing.

“Winky made it clear that he’d go to Germany,” said Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy. “I’ve already had conversations with Universum [Sturm’s promoter) and we’re scheduled to have further discussions (this) week. We’ll see if we can pull it off. Winky reminded me that he fought many times in Europe. He has a well-known name internationally as well as in the U.S.

"We realize Sturm is champion; obviously, he’ll get the champion’s privileges. It’s definitely a doable deal.”

Wright also told Schaefer that he’d love to fight RING middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik.

“I know Bob Arum [Pavlik’s promoter] is on vacation,” Schaefer said. “Winky made it clear to me he’s interested as well in fighting Pavlik. His first choice is Sturm, though.”

Golden Boy had considered having Wright fight on the Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Juan Manuel Marquez undercard on Sept. 19 but Wright is getting married on Aug. 1.
            By Michael Rosenthal
            winky won't win in germany

Comment

Wanna see this fight!

Comment

winkys got to get going!

even a rusty winky will do in sturm.
                sturm was pathetic this weekend against gevor.

Comment

Originally posted by steelhead View Post
                  winkys got to get going!

even a rusty winky will do in sturm.
                  sturm was pathetic this weekend against gevor.
                  Yeah. Sturm was awful. Worst I've seen him in a long time. With that being said you shouldn't judge him based on that performance alone.

Comment

Winky would be a fool not to take this fight. It's his best chance of becoming relevant again.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                      winky won't win in germany
                      People have the wrong idea about German scoring. The fighter who lands the cleaner punches usually wins in Germany, even if he lands fewer and is not all that effective.

Wright has always been in favour of clean punches instead of throwing volume. This is why I think he'll be able to win a decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X