selcuk 'mini tyson' aydin vs 'sugar' osei bonsu

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• selcuk 'mini tyson' aydin vs 'sugar' osei bonsu

europes finest welterweights.

On July 11th ARENA will bring boxing back to Turkey. Two of the world’s best welterweights will meet at the Besiktas Cola Turka Arena in Istanbul when Turkey’s “Mini-Tyson” Selcuk Aydin defends his WBC international championship against former European champion “Sugar” Jackson Osei Bonsu from Belgium. The winner of this highly anticipated bout between WBC #2 (Aydin) and #3 (Bonsu) will not only become the new EBU welterweight champion, but will also be very close to a title shot against unbeaten WBC king Andre Berto.

Selcuk Aydin has been a Turkish amateur standout winning 15 national champion titles and the European junior championships as well. Not only did Aydin win about 360 of his 380 amateur fights; he also proved his enormous punching power by scoring 300 stoppages. Since turning pro in November 2006, 25-year-old Aydin has made himself a name as “Mini-Tyson” scoring 14 KO victories in a perfect record of 18 fights and 18 wins.

In April 2008 the powerhouse from Trabzon (at the Black Sea) captured the WBC international championship by outclassing former titlist Lucky Lewele over 12 one sided rounds. Aydin has defended his title three times since. In his last outing “Mini-Tyson” impressed the US public by outworking strong and experienced Said Ouali in April 2009 in Primm, Nevada to take home a well-earned split decision victory.

“Sugar” Jackson Osei Bonsu is coming from an equally impressive mid-decision win over former world champion Carlos Manuel Baldomir in December 2008 in Antwerpen, Belgium. The 28-year-old native Ghanaian who lives and fights out of Belgium had won the EBU European championship in February 2007 by stopping Nordine Mouchi in the 8th. After four successful defences Bonsu lost the title by debatable unanimous decision in September 2008 in Poland to Rafal Jackiewicz. Now that Jackiewicz has relinquished the belt “Sugar” Jackson is looking to take back what he feels should have never taken away from him anyways.

“Being Selcuk’s promoter Aydin vs Bonsu is one of the most dangerous fights I could have made – as a boxing fan I cannot wait to see it”, states promoter Ahmet Öner. “For both men this is the big chance to get a world title shot. The winner will go all the way to the top. The loser has to start over and work his way up again. Both men are very powerful and aggressive. I am proud to bring such a great fight to Istanbul and I am sure that people will talk about this fight for a long time.”

i am turkish so im biased ill go aydin by ko , sugar has shown a suspect chin in the past. the future is pretty bright for turkish boxing. its getting accepted over there. many young talent.

what kind of nickname is "mini mike?"

Comment

wasnt g man mini tyson?

Comment

Originally posted by detluv View Post
        what kind of nickname is "mini mike?"
        given to him during his amateur career. many stoppages thats why i guess...

i know stupid nikname there is only one tyson lol. but aydin was great prospect. and the future is bright for him

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
          wasnt g man mini tyson?
          i thought it was g man

then again chaguev was called "white tyson"

Comment

Originally posted by detluv View Post
            i thought it was g man

then again chaguev was called "white tyson"
            what about discussing the fight guys lol?

Comment

Julian Jackson was called skinny Tyson

oh wait he cant have been!

Comment

allright we get it, tyson is the most popular fighter ever.

Comment

Well here are my thoughts on the fight:

I've been following Aydin since he started his pro career and I've seen most of his fights. He's definitely not a stylist, his style involves him plodding forward with a high guard and once he gets his opponents on the ropes he opens up with vicious flurries to the body and then the head. I think he uses the style pretty effectively, but as his last fight showed, he can be outboxed. If Ouali had boxed more instead of sitting on the ropes, I think Aydin would have been in some trouble. If Aydin added some more weapons to his arsenal like a jab and straight rights, he'd be more effective in my opinion. And a little head movement wouldn't hurt either. Right now he's too one dimensional.

Fortunately for him, Sugar is not very dimensional himself. Bonsu is a puncher and he's pretty raw. He's been beaten twice and stopped once. He's also been down on occasion. But he still punches pretty damn hard and if he catches Aydin with a good shot, it would be all over.

If Aydin can keep his hands up and avoid Jackson's bombs, he should be able to break Jackson down and win this fight. He has to cut off the ring and keep Jackson on the ropes where he can work the body.I think I'll go with a decision win for Aydin, maybe something like 116-112.

Comment

Originally posted by rmz View Post
                    Well here are my thoughts on the fight:

I've been following Aydin since he started his pro career and I've seen most of his fights. He's definitely not a stylist, his style involves him plodding forward with a high guard and once he gets his opponents on the ropes he opens up with vicious flurries to the body and then the head. I think he uses the style pretty effectively, but as his last fight showed, he can be outboxed. If Ouali had boxed more instead of sitting on the ropes, I think Aydin would have been in some trouble. If Aydin added some more weapons to his arsenal like a jab and straight rights, he'd be more effective in my opinion. And a little head movement wouldn't hurt either. Right now he's too one dimensional.

Fortunately for him, Sugar is not very dimensional himself. Bonsu is a puncher and he's pretty raw. He's been beaten twice and stopped once. He's also been down on occasion. But he still punches pretty damn hard and if he catches Aydin with a good shot, it would be all over.

If Aydin can keep his hands up and avoid Jackson's bombs, he should be able to break Jackson down and win this fight. He has to cut off the ring and keep Jackson on the ropes where he can work the body.I think I'll go with a decision win for Aydin, maybe something like 116-112.
                    great analysis man

Comment

Working...
                    X