Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shane Mosley's acts like he is entitled to...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shane Mosley's acts like he is entitled to...

I understand Mosley thinking he has earned his shot but so have a lot of fighters. This is a big mistake career wise for him to cop this attitude and for Golden Boy to let him blow the momentum he has gained over these last two years. There are plenty of good paying fights out there for him; Williams, Berto (easy money), Clottey( whose peek a boo would be a big target for those Mosley rights) and then you have the 154 division. Sergio Martinez, Vernon Forrest, Corey Spinks. Personally I would love to see Mosley venture to 160 and challenge a champion. Theres your big money fight if promoted correctly. If Mosley can crack Margarito's egg he can certainly hurt the guys at 160. The worst thing he could do is to sit still and lose a step to father time.

I'm a huge Mosley fan. I hate seeing him chase Pac around like this. He was sitting on top of the world after beating Margarito. Had a lot of possibilities. He's losing momentum with each passing day, imo.

Comment

All of the top Welterweights that are available are saying they are willing to fight Mosley too. I've got my doubts about Berto being serious about wanting to fight Mosley, but we know Clottey would fight Mosley in a heart beat. The fact that Paul Williams is willing to fight Shane Mosley in California proves that he is hungry for a shot at Mosley. He is the most deserving of the three in my view. A Mosley-Berto fight would be ugly with a lot of clinching up until Mosley sparked his sorry ass. A Clottey-Mosley fight would be decent, but the problem is the fact that Clottey is coming off a loss (controversial or not). Williams on the other hand just dominated Winky Wright. A Mosley-Williams fight is one of if not the best fight you can make in boxing (at least for the true fans who appreciate competitive match ups).

Comment

Originally posted by freedom213 View Post
        I understand Mosley thinking he has earned his shot but so have a lot of fighters. This is a big mistake career wise for him to cop this attitude and for Golden Boy to let him blow the momentum he has gained over these last two years. There are plenty of good paying fights out there for him; Williams, Berto (easy money), Clottey( whose peek a boo would be a big target for those Mosley rights) and then you have the 154 division. Sergio Martinez, Vernon Forrest, Corey Spinks. Personally I would love to see Mosley venture to 160 and challenge a champion. Theres your big money fight if promoted correctly. If Mosley can crack Margarito's egg he can certainly hurt the guys at 160. The worst thing he could do is to sit still and lose a step to father time.
        Well he is the champion. I guess that doesn't matter anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
          All of the top Welterweights that are available are saying they are willing to fight Mosley too. I've got my doubts about Berto being serious about wanting to fight Mosley, but we know Clottey would fight Mosley in a heart beat. The fact that Paul Williams is willing to fight Shane Mosley in California proves that he is hungry for a shot at Mosley. He is the most deserving of the three in my view. A Mosley-Berto fight would be ugly with a lot of clinching up until Mosley sparked his sorry ass. A Clottey-Mosley fight would be decent, but the problem is the fact that Clottey is coming off a loss (controversial or not). Williams on the other hand just dominated Winky Wright. A Mosley-Williams fight is one of if not the best fight you can make in boxing (at least for the true fans who appreciate competitive match ups).
          I'd love to see him fight Williams. IMO, Mosley beats both Berto, and Clottey.

Comment

Originally posted by Patheticfraud? View Post
            Well he is the champion. I guess that doesn't matter anymore?
            Absolutely my point exactly. He has good options but seems to be holding out fo only pac or mayweather. Hopefully he is just waiting until pac finalizes with Cotto, just in case and will then he will select an opponent.

Comment

Working...
            X