No announcement yet.

Bunce Update!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunce Update!

"Just to point out one little error - I never met with anybody from Channel Five. The executive producer of boxing at Setanta, Jim Bentley, sent the head of sport at C5 an email. It was a simple email about the show, asking if he would be interested in discussing the show. He came back in about 3 minutes and said 'No'. Three minutes! That was it, end of C5 discussion. Good luck to him.
    I've not met with anybody to discuss the show - that starts this week and I will give nightly updates on the site

Adios and thanks to everybody." - Steve Bunce on ESB today.

Just thought I'd post this, sorry if it's already been posted!

who's bunce

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
      "Just to point out one little error - I never met with anybody from Channel Five. The executive producer of boxing at Setanta, Jim Bentley, sent the head of sport at C5 an email. It was a simple email about the show, asking if he would be interested in discussing the show. He came back in about 3 minutes and said 'No'. Three minutes! That was it, end of C5 discussion. Good luck to him.
      I've not met with anybody to discuss the show - that starts this week and I will give nightly updates on the site

Adios and thanks to everybody." - Steve Bunce on ESB today.

Just thought I'd post this, sorry if it's already been posted!
      This is just horrible. How can they just kill Setanta this way?

Comment

Originally posted by joe90210 View Post
        who's bunce
        He hosted a weekly boxing show on Setanta before Setanta shut down.

Comment

whats his handle on esb?

Comment

Originally posted by joe90210 View Post
            who's bunce
            Steve Bunce:

Steve Bunce is a freelance television and radio sport pundit and newspaper columnist. He has regularly appeared as a pundit on the BBC sports programme Inside Sport and on BBC Radio Five Live's Fighting Talk. Bunce used to present a boxing programme on Setanta Sports called Steve Bunce's Boxing Hour.

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
              whats his handle on esb?
              Bunce. I found it in one of the save Bunce threads!

Comment

“A long day for the men and women behind this site – I’m in awe at their output. Some big names came across today. More to follow. I had calls today about online editions and podcasts. I keep telling people that this is not about turning a quick buck. We want the show on TV and I think that Alex Arthur is right – ‘This is not a good time to lose it’. I’ve not spoken to anybody at ESPN or SKY yet – there is a new boss at SKY (I didn’t want to drive him mad on his first day in the fat chair) and ESPN are finding their feet, a bit like Bambi when he falls on the ice. I’m waiting to hear back from Bravo. I will be at Frank Maloney’s show on Tuesday night (June 30) at York Hall. I’ve got something planned for 9pm on Thursday night, on BBC radio London 94.9 – I’ve had the Thursday night slot since 2006 (it’s usually about a Millwall frisbee tournament, a swimmer or baseball teams at this time of year). I’m putting together a boxing hour – I will get all the details across later. Thanks again and speak tomorrow. Adios.”

Steve Bunce on bringbackbunce.net

Comment

Working...
                X