No announcement yet.

Marcos Maidana Upsets Victor Ortiz in a Six Round War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He quit.

Looks like were not going to see Ortiz-Khan.

Hopefully Khan is going on to bigger and better things. Lets hope Kotelnik doesn't do the same.

Comment

Another one bites the Dust

I hate to say I told you so......

Comment

Originally posted by billionaire View Post
        he was so much more skilled but likes to brawl and it got him cut up like a pinyata......i was upset he quit i wanted to see candy come out that mother****a...

there should be a rematch, he can win, upset he went out like that instead of adjusting....
        BS cotto didnt quit

Comment

Marcos Maidana Upsets Victor Ortiz in a Six Round War

At Staples Center in California, Marcos Maidana (26-1, 25KOs) was able to outlast Victor Ortiz (24-2, 19KOs) in a war of power punches to pick up a sixth round TKO victory to win the interim-WBA junior welterweight title. [details]

Comment

at the end of the 5th, when his corner was saying they were going to stop it, Ortiz wasn't protesting at all.

he looked done at the end of the 5th

i don't think he wanted to fight anymore

Comment

I didn't expect Ortiz to be a P4P fighter but i can see him be a jr. ww and ww champ but this unfortunate for Vic. But it was funny when they said Ortiz can beat Pacquiao.

Its his first lost, learn from it, then comeback stronger.

Comment

Based on Ortiz's body language, he did not look like he wanted to continue. Such a shame. He was boxing's next Oscar and that dream has just died! I'm not surprised that Khan beat him.

Comment

VICTOR ORTIZ is NOBODY

I was tremendously dissapointed by him tonight.

Believe me when i tell you that he will never be anybody. He has tremendous power and excellent combination punching ability, but he was unbelievabley deficient is SOOO many areas.

First of all, His defense is NON-EXISTANT. He got hit with wide, slow, looping shots that you could see coming a mile away.

His heart is weak at best. He DEFINETLY quit that fight. His corner was threatening to stop it a round earlier and he did not dispute it, despite the fact that this call came from no where. THe cut was pretty bad, but thats not why they stopped it. He CLEARLY did not want to continue with the fight. And was a fight he was DOMINATING

And he has has ZERO boxing ability. The guy couldn't jab to save his life. ANd the reason there was so much clinching in the center of the ring is because of this. Maidana was probably to blame for the clinching, but he was only able to clinch becasue Ortiz couldn't measure distance.

Ortiz is very young, so maybe he proves me wrong, but he has SOOOO much to learn that it seems hopeless

Comment

Victor 'NO MAS PLEASE' Ortiz

Comment

Originally posted by ME123 View Post
                      Golden boy needs to drop this punk loser
                      Did you see the look on Oscar's face just now?? DLH was so disgusted.

When a Mexican Anorexic Tranny thinks you are a punk....

Comment

Working...
                      X