Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather jr. Career Highlight (floyd as boring gladiator; Tiger Woods walked)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nj_evoixgsr View Post
    and i bet he was disappointed to have paid for this. i bet he won't ever pay to watch him again!
    right...until his next fight with oscar....

Comment

Originally posted by The 5* General View Post
      But he was the man at 147 without question..he earned his spot as champion and he aearned the fight with mayweather...Baldimir to this day is forever grateful to Floyd he set him up for life with that pay day.

Baldimir is not a great fighter..but it was a great win for Floyd since a 147 Pound Lineal Title was involved.

Baldimir had those 9 losses early in his career because he was young..didnt train properly and worked 3 jobs.....while trying to be a pro boxer.
      And this is all that i'm saying. Lets not act as if Baldomir was some great, highly skilled boxer just because he had the lineal ww title. Just because you have a strap, doenst make u great.

Comment

Originally posted by rob6465 View Post
        Dude, i understand but PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE stop showing me that picture of Floyd with that S*** on his head, it's funny as hell.
        whats funny about exercising your neck?????are you new to boxing cause you seem like you are

Comment

Originally posted by rob6465 View Post
          Dude, i understand but PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE stop showing me that picture of Floyd with that S*** on his head, it's funny as hell.
          you mean the weight he uses to stregnthen his neck so he doesnt get knocked down by fighters like Torres and knocked out by fighters like Margarito?

Comment

Originally posted by deevel79 View Post
            And this is all that i'm saying. Lets not act as if Baldomir was some great, highly skilled boxer just because he had the lineal ww title. Just because you have a strap, doenst make u great.
            It is also foolish to harp on Floyd for fighting the guy with the strap and winning every round with an injured hand.

Comment

Originally posted by deevel79 View Post
              No one will say Baldi was great he was slwo fighter with a great chin...minimal power and defense..but he had alot of heart and was very physically strong.

Comment

No one will say Baldi was great he was slwo fighter with a great chin...minimal power and defense..but he had alot of heart and was very physically strong.
                And this is my point. I totally agree with everything u just wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post

true that, i would rather watch this fight a million times than watching one hole of golf. floyd gets way too much heat for this fight anyways. he knew there was no way in hell he was knocking baldomir out, so he showed how superior he was thru defense instead. not a entertaining fight but its not floyds fault baldmoir isnt on his level. and before ppl start bitching he was ducking all these diffrent guys.. baldo was the WW champ. even though he skillwise wasnt the best fighter he held the title. to be the man u have to beat the man. baldo was the man. not cotto, not tony not mosley not nobody else except baldomir. and judah was #2.
                  then why he don't pick an opponent on his level?? i can name a few....is he willing to fight them?? don't think so...

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
                  floyd won every round against baldomir fighting bored....floyd looked very bored in there...it wasn't even a sparring session...that's the level floyd's on...his skillset trumps pretty much every ww out there...he is that skilled...trust me, he's fighting mosley, cotto, and pacquiao, and he will show just how so much more skilled he is compared to them all, and has always been...they all have ass whoopings coming to them....

floyd made 8 million dollars plus more that night playing around and still won every round...the commentators don't fight...**** with they say...they were the same commentators sucking floyd's dick when he fought gatti just a year and a few months prior to this fight....hell, when he fought judah, larry merchant was on floyd's dick, saying he can outbrawl you, he can outbox you, he can outpunch you, just brilliant versatility...now this? hmmm... i don't take larry merchant, steward, or lampley's(not anymore anyway) thoughts serious...steward is a puppet...he goes off of what merchant says just to fit in with a guy who takes 8 minutes to finish a sentence...steward needs to worry about how to train his fighters to win other than klitschko....lampley just goes off what larry says even though he used to argue with larry when it came to floyd, now he just gave up and goes with the grain....

LMAO

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
                  floyd also made michael jordan fall asleep in his bout against sharmba mitchell
                  no wonder....i rather see woods playing golf. there's more action there....

Comment

Yes that fight was a boring fight. Bad clash of styles. Floyd vs Hatton was exciting, against Judah was exciting, Chop Chop had many good moments.

It was a boring ass fight against Baldamir, but you cannot equate that with Floyd's career. I have issues with Floyd for the decisions he has made outside the ring. Inside the ring his job is to find a way to win. Not every fight is guaranteed excitement.

Look at Pavlik vs Rubio. You would have expected an exciting fight with two sluggers right? Nope, Rubio left his heart in the dressing room and cowered the whole fight. It made a boring fight. It happens.

Comment

Go watch the castillo fights...judah...hatton...oscar....corralles...hernadez and chavez...oh yeah and Gatti and ndou./...he stood TOE TO TOE.
                      those 3 i definitely watched.....and that **** sucked ass. he did NOTHING and bull**** he stood TOE TO TOE. i mean you could say he stood toe to toe with a fighter for 10 seconds for each round. i mean TOE TO TOE. "SHOTS FIRED! man down. there's a man down!" you get nothing EXPLOSIVE.

and with the recent thread where someone slobbering on floyd's **** combo vs gatti. you can see the opposition was NOT a class a/b fighter.

i will watch over the pbf vs corralles fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X