Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cotto vs pac apparently is going to be @ catchweight: should the belt be on the line?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When all four alphabet titles at 160 were on the line between DLH and B-Hop, DLH made B-Hop agree to a catchweight of 157 or something like that.

That being said, I don't see why not.

Comment

• No, it shouldn't be on the line. Pacquiao wants the belt, face Cotto at his best.

Comment

• Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post
        cotto usually rehydrates him self to 154-155... not 160...
        how do you know this?

he hasn't been weighed unofficially in a long time.

he was 155 when he use to fight at 140.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
          how do you know this?

Cuz he's PRican, this is the kind of stuff Puerto Ricans know about their fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay Em Em View Post
            Cuz he's PRican, this is the kind of stuff Puerto Ricans know about their fighters.
            uh huh......

just like how every rican KNOWS that marg used plaster in the cotto fight even though there's no evidence.

Comment

how do you know this?

i dont know it for sure!!!

i cant argue that...

those were the last numbers i remember cotto comming into a fight....

and i've never seen him comming in weighting 160 ...

still.... the more heavy cotto comes into the fight the better for pac speed to explote that...

Comment

as long as the fighters are 147 or under , the welterweight title is on the line.

welterweight is 141-147.

you don't have to weigh in at 147 to fight for a welterweight belt.
                You dont HAVE to weigh 147, but you clearly have the RIGHT to if you so desire.

The rules clearly state that for a welterweight title to be on the line, both participants must weigh in at or below 147 pounds. Pac and Roach have no right to essentially change the rules to say that for THIS PARTICULAR 'welterweight title fight", both participants must weigh in at or below 144 pounds. They are not a commission nor a sanctioning body. It's crap, and its too bad that the sanctioning body doesnt prohibit it. You want to fight at 144? Fine. But no title. If you want the welterweight title, the limit is 147.
                End of Story.

Comment

• Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post
                  you need to add to that equation.. that also it gives you the opportunity of weighting in @ 147.......

not 144 or 143... so is not the same...

it shouldnt be on the line.. if you can weight as much as 147
                  ExactlY!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    You dont HAVE to weigh 147, but you clearly have the RIGHT to if you so desire.

The rules clearly state that for a welterweight title to be on the line, both participants must weigh in at or below 147 pounds. Pac and Roach have no right to essentially change the rules to say that for THIS PARTICULAR 'welterweight title fight", both participants must weigh in at or below 144 pounds. They are not a commission nor a sanctioning body. It's crap, and its too bad that the sanctioning body doesnt prohibit it. You want to fight at 144? Fine. But no title. If you want the welterweight title, the limit is 147.
                    End of Story.
                    solid one!!

Comment

uh huh......

just like how every rican KNOWS that marg used plaster in the cotto fight even though there's no evidence.
                      You got a point there pink, as much as I love the PRicans, they can be inconsistent.

Comment

Working...
                      X