Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heres a thought: Pacquiao vs. Clottey. What do u think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heres a thought: Pacquiao vs. Clottey. What do u think?

I think this fight is pretty intriguing. Of course not in business terms or marquee value, but as far as style match ups. Clottey can take a punch and has a great, tight defense. He can hit very sharp and fast and always seem to hit his opponents flush, especially the ones with poor defense or who let their hands down alot i.e. margarito, cotto, judah. Speed doesn't really kill him cuz he didn't have a problem with judah or cottos fast hands. I see pacquiao having much trouble with him in the later rounds IFF he starts to slow down cuz he prob wont hurt clottey to the head cuz of his defense and prob wont hurt his body either. Mind you, in my opinion, Pacman prob takes a decision for circling around and not giving Clottey too many oppurtunities to counter, plus clotteys tendency to get lazy down the stretch, but I could see Clottey hitting him quite a few good times, not to mention hes naturally bigger.

What do u think?

Sure its interesting but it will never happen so it makes no difference.

Comment

Never say never. And yea its prob one of the most improbable fights out there right now, but its always cool to discuss it. Which is why this is a forum

Comment

I actually think Pacquiao would beat Clottey if the fight happened.

Comment

Clottey would kill him slowly...I dont see pacs speed or power even bothering Clottey at all..

Comment

Originally posted by 6Bound View Post
            Clottey would kill him slowly...I dont see pacs speed or power even bothering Clottey at all..
            exactly it would be a Judah Clottey all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman18 View Post
              Never say never. And yea its prob one of the most improbable fights out there right now, but its always cool to discuss it. Which is why this is a forum
              I will say never in this case, because Pac is going to fight Cotto who just beat Clottey so that is 1 reason it would never happen. Second Pac has probably 3 fights left in him and he is the #1 P4P fighter and now biggest draw in boxing. He will only take the biggest fights which would be Mayweather, Mosley, Cotto, or even Marquez. Sure Clottey did a good job in his fight with Cotto, but still no one in America besides boxing fans know him.

Comment

My thought is that Pac will KTFO Cotto and puertoricans will cry...

Comment

Originally posted by fightingfigs View Post
                  exactly it would be a Judah Clottey all over again.
                  ur comparing judah to pacquiao?... please don't mention judah's speed and power advantage when pacquiao has much more to offer than that..

Comment

clottey is a terrible match up for pacman

Comment

Working...
                    X