No announcement yet.

Andrei Arlovski realizes Boxing doesn't translate well to MMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrei Arlovski realizes Boxing doesn't translate well to MMA

I focused too much on boxing and not enough on the wrestling and jiu-jitsu. It wasn't right. It's another thing I have to think about. MMA is not boxing. I have to change something. I don't understand this question about my chin. When you open your face for four or five punches it doesn't matter your chin, you will get KOed. Rogers was great, he did what he did. I took the fight and I got my ass kicked, it's that simple. It's embarrassing, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I have to move on. I'm definitely going to come back. - Andrei Arlovski

Pretty honest assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by rape View Post
      I focused too much on boxing and not enough on the wrestling and jiu-jitsu. It wasn't right. It's another thing I have to think about. MMA is not boxing. I have to change something. I don't understand this question about my chin. When you open your face for four or five punches it doesn't matter your chin, you will get KOed. Rogers was great, he did what he did. I took the fight and I got my ass kicked, it's that simple. It's embarrassing, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I have to move on. I'm definitely going to come back. - Andrei Arlovski
      arlovski was kicking fedor's ass using boxing alone. then arlovski went for the flying knee and got hit w/ a hayemaker and got KTFO.

the lesson: if you're kicking ass w/ boxing, stick with it!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        arlovski was kicking fedor's ass using boxing alone. then arlovski went for the flying knee and got hit w/ a hayemaker and got KTFO.

the lesson: if you're kicking ass w/ boxing, stick with it!!!!
        AA never came close to kicking Fedors ass. Don't be foolish.

Comment

Andrei Arlovski is a good fighter and has good boxing for MMA !
          But hes as Chinny as they come ...

Comment

Originally posted by Grammar Police View Post
            AA never came close to kicking Fedors ass. Don't be foolish.
            I suppose you're a fedor fan?

anyways, arlovski was winning the fight until the hayemaker.

Comment

i thought that as well...it was the first time i thought that we see Fedor rattled ....but all to no avale

Comment

Barley any of those punches landed. Watch the replays.

Comment

Yes he does have a terrible chin. But how does this guy let a slugger like Rogers connect on his chin that easily. If he was so good at boxing he wouldn't have let that happen in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by rape View Post

Love fighters like this whether they are technically skilled or just a wild brawler.

No bs excuses, just the pure truth about ones self.

Comment

Working...
                    X