Mosley: I’ll give Pacman rematch!
Collapse
-
Cotto is more then capable of beating Pacquiao, Arum wouldn't want to risk Mayweather vs Pacquiao (A fight the public is strongly demanding/ the demand will be even bigger after JMM gets a Gattish type beeating) against an opponent who can beat Pacquiao. Arum might try and figure something out, I know it isn't an easy decision to make.Comment
-
you see the hypocrisy of fighters, and why you should be a fan of the sport, and not fanboys of fighters because of **** like this.floyd gets crazy **** from people all the time about **** like this, but people are letting shane rock.this is an indictment on all you fanboys.stop being fanboys.these m fers don't care about you.they care about money.
but hey they gotta do what they gotta do.Comment
-
that's not what mosley said. mosley said that both him and pac have no problem w/ the fight happening, so its up to schaefer and arum to make the fight happen.Comment
-
By Nick Giongco
Shane Mosley is not only amenable to a catch weight and a 60-40 revenue split in favor of Manny Pacquiao but the flashy American puncher likewise dangles an immediate rematch clause in the event of a victory over the Filipino boxing icon. “I don’t have to ask Manny to fight me because he has agreed to face me so I am asking (Top Rank chief) Bob Arum to get it on,” Mosley told Manila Bulletin and ********* on Friday afternoon in a long distance interview. Mosley said he is not only willing to get down to as light as 144 lbs and is agreeable to a lesser share of the prize money but is inclined to give Pacquiao a rematch clause if he emerges victorious in a proposed Oct. 17 showdown.
“If I win, I will immediately give Pacquiao a rematch before I face (Floyd) Mayweather,” said Mosley, the reigning World Boxing Association welterweight titlist. “I don’t see any problem between me and Manny Pacquiao (as) we have both agreed to fight each other so Bob Arum should make this fight,” said Mosley, who turns 38 in September.
Pacquiao had been quoted as saying that he is amenable to a fight with Mosley provided that he is happy with the outcome of planned negotiations between his promoter Top Rank and Golden Boy Promotions (GBP), which has Mosley under its banner.
Mosley said Arum is more interested in staging an all-Top Rank slugfest with the Hall of Fame promoter eyeing Puerto Rican Miguel Cotto or Venezuelan Edwin Valero as Pacquiao’s opponent in October. “Arum wants Cotto for Pacquiao and Edwin Valero. But nobody knows who Valero is,” said Mosley, who holds two wins over Oscar De La Hoya.
“I am a major attraction,” added Mosley.
how much desperate can a man get? he might as well offer to blow manny too, while he's at it.....Comment
-
first of all after the **** from yesterday your not a credible poster you didnt even kno marg vs mosley was in cali u said las vegas also when da **** did cotto say he didnt wanna fight mosley outside of msg? exactly your just speculating out your ass like a true nuthugger, If anyone doesnt wanna fight its mosley he didnt wanna fight cotto june 13th and now downplaying him so he doesnt have to face him by saying itll be a step backwardsComment
-
The first time Cotto fought on parade weekend, as well as his first time fighting at the Garden, came in 2005, when he made his third junior welterweight defense against Mohamad Abdulaev, the 2000 Olympic gold medalist who had eliminated Cotto in his opening match in Sydney. He drew 10,231.
In 2006, Cotto again defended his 140-pound title, this time against New Yorker Paulie Malignaggi in an exciting fight, and drew 14,365.
When Cotto defended his welterweight belt in 2007 against another New Yorker, Zab Judah, in one of the fights of the year, it drew a record crowd of 20,658.
Cotto went west last summer to fight Antonio Margarito in July in Las Vegas but is returning to his now-traditional weekend and venue to face Clottey, a Ghana native living in the Bronx.
Clearly, Top Rank is on to something with its development of a big show on the second weekend of June because Arum said the fight already has sold about 14,000 tickets.
And please don't tell me about Staples center (Margarito) because even Shane will tell you 96.99% of the people there were mexicans! Comprende?Last edited by Jay26; 06-05-2009, 03:52 PM.Comment
Comment